The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR-4 Bumpers

JackbNimble

I currently own a '90 Galant GSX and have been looking at the body style of the VR-4. The questions I have are the rear bumpers the same on them, because from looking at them they look the same. Also, the front bumpers seem to have two different styles. In one style there seems to be plastic bars in front of the radiator, in the other there isn't. Was this a change from '91 to '92, or just an option at the time of purchase? Finally, how hard would it be to take the bumper off the VR-4 and place it on the GSX? Thanks in advance!

slobra

I think the front bumpers are pretty interchangeable. Also some people cut out the plastic in the center of the bumper to get more air to an aftermarket FMIC.

JackbNimble

Ah, okay. That makes perfect sense. Thank you!

I'll tell you what, I've looked at a few different bumpers for the 6G Galants, but nothing seems to beat the VR-4's. It's just so streamlined and matches the body perfectly. Not like some of the others I have found...

click

slobra

Another alternative is the JDM bumpers, but you would need to buy a set of adaptor plates from Curtis, he is a member on here that fabricates the plates to bolt the bumper support to the car. If you look in the Members' showcase you can see a couple of the members who have the jdm and jdm rs bumper.

Wilfongtsi

I like that hood but the front bumper in no way matches the rest of the car, Have you seen the AMG bumpers? There pretty rare but are liked by alot of people on here. The JDM ones are a nice upgrade as well, they weigh about 50 pounds less, and are about an inch or a little more closer to the body, there are a couple of those on ebay as we speak.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The rear bumpers are the same.

The front from a VR4 will go on, but I think the front beam (large metal bar) is different. You will have to source that as well, which is not so hard as those with JDM bumpers do not use them anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned