The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aftermarket foglights

coyotes

I had to remove my foglights to fit my intercooler piping. I'm curious to see for those of you who had to do the same thing, what foglights did you put in? Looking to see what aftermarket fogs fit in there and don't look ricey. Post up.

GSTwithPSI

Usually not a fan of aftermarket fogs in place of the OEM version, but boostin4door did one of the best jobs I've seen. Not sure what size or brand they are though? click

ade

tektic's got a set of fogs for his subie that looked like they would fit with the help of a bracket.

G

Staff member

coyotes

2 of the fogs are missing, G? You should lower your price. i was considering the whole setup for your asking price.

ade

this is what i was talking about. its shallower than the stock fogs so ic piping might clear it.

G

Staff member
If I had the 2 missing lights my price would be higher. Freight from japan isn't free.

GSTwithPSI

The lights are the expensive part. PIAA lights cost a damn fortune. I (or most anyone for that matter) could fabricate a set of brackets that look that nice, or nicer. That's a pretty serious setup, though. Not something I'd throw on my car for cruising round town. I get bright lighted by other drivers with my stupid Euro grille lights on at night for god's sake, and all they are is a couple of H3 beams. You'd probably be running people off the road with that PIAA setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

coyotes

Anything to get people out of my way here in seattle.

Anyway some good suggestions in here so far. I don't really see foglights in my foreseeable future, but I just like to see what's out there.

If I wanted to do that rally light setup I would just have the brackets made locally and get some off road lights off craigslist. click

turbowop

I would love to throw that bigass 4-light setup on the front of my car just for rally nostalgia. But it doesn't really fit with my build, lol.

G

Staff member
Put em' on the roof rack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbohf

my car didnt have fog lights when i got it. asked the previous owner (my buddy) wtf? he said they where fubar and tossed them. my intercooler piping is no where near my lights.

but i was kinda of thinking that i want to put some newer style fogs for down there, but dont want to ruin the OE look. so im in for more pics/info also.

ade

the above option (subaru fogs) worked well on ggxs bumper. which is what i mocked it up on.

these would work with the gvr4 bumber

EMX5636

If you click on my build thread, I have similar round lights. They are just 3" round I believe that I made custom brackets for and then HID retrofits. I didn't really care for the stock fogs, so I sold them for some stupid money (IMHO) because they were clean and was able to pocket some cash and still buy these and the HID kit.

tektic

Quoting ade:
the above option (subaru fogs) worked well on ggxs bumper. which is what i mocked it up on.

That never happened. and my 95 Subaru legacy fog lights do not fit a ggsx bumper and stick out over an inch from my vr4 bumper you held them up next to. the shape of the light is close to the shape of the hole though.

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on these :

41IdKmChaBL.jpg

41FPG7Yv7QL.jpg

they sell for ~$40 on eBay or amazon and get good reviews from the off-road guys. I would like better evidence that the can be mounted with that bracket strait back. if that's the case they should install easily with a drill couple bolts and a piece of angle iron using the stock mounting holes.

Edit:
These would definitely fit and install as described above. Plus they are yellow or white in same housing. Amazon link

Last edited:

ade

kaka

Last edited:

tektic

The fog light I showed the picture of will not mount straight the way I described. But with a different mounting plan they may still work.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts