The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wanting to create a tubular front crash beam?

G

Staff member
Quoting G:
How about one like this?

s141u.jpg

I'm in on a group buy for this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Quoting H05TYL:
I can understand wanting something sturdier in the rear, because you're quite reliant on other people not to run into you, but at the front... wouldn't it be easier to just increase your following distance by a couple of car lengths? (and pay attention).

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Yeah but those darn trees just can't drive, they swerve right into your lane!

Boostdtalon

Terrance, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm gonna talk to this shop near me about doing this. They used to build alot of drag cars.

Terrance362

the one on the 240 was nasty I would love to get one like that. I have already been hit in my vr4 so that would just be a little payback for who ever hits my car. Damn old people and vans.

Boostdtalon

yeah that is an awesome piece. Well I'll definitely keep everyone updated. If they can make the setup I'll see if they can make it without tabs for the intercooler so that way anyone can get that made up for whatever particular intercooler they want to use.

number3

Quoting boostdtalon:
Ok let me clear this up since I feel I'm not making myself clear.

#1 I want to be able to mount the bumper cover, FMIC, and foglights on this setup.
#2 In the unfortunate event, it would be nice for this to be somewhat keep the front end in a good position. (hence me asking about metals to be used.)

I make a crash bar for the SRT guys. It is made of mild steel. It help to keep the front end ties together (not a problem on the GVR4 hence is why I don't make one) and give some crash protection though we do no state there is any for legal reasons.

img.php

The last photo is a SRT that hit something solid at a very high rate of speed.

Boostdtalon

Well I've found a shop local to build em. They are going to do mine this week and once that's done they agreed they could build more if there is a request. Once mine is done I'll throw up a FS ad for anyone that's interested.

EMX5636

I'd like to see the finished product! I made custom steel corner supports to hold the bumper, and mount my fog lights, but has no center for impact.

cheekychimp

Quoting boostdtalon:
Thanks Paul that would be a big help.

Sorry this took so long, I knew that I had this picture but I couldn't find it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned