The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aeromotive 340-LPH ''intank'' fuel pump..[new]

mitsuturbo

Using different drill bits, i found one that fit perfectly, but it had no numbers on it. Measured it with a dial caliper, and it came out to .240" or 6mm.
Just under 1/4. Definitely not 5/16" as i've been told or thought i'd previously measured, but definitely not 3/16" either. I've been thinking wrong this whole time. How stupid of me.

I don't know what braided line i have here, but it's not -6, apparently. It only measured out at .265" ID. All this time i've thought it was -6. I just measured a piece of Russell proclassic -6 AN, and it came out to between 5/16" and 3/8" (.350" measured). I also measured a piece of -6 stainless braided line with rubber inside, and got .350". Then i measured a chunk of braided 6an PTFE i've got here, and it came out to .325" Looks like i'll be upgrading my fuel line before this car runs. I've some shopping to do!

In summation:
Stock fuel line ID .240"
Proclassic -6 .350"
Stainless/rubber -6 .350"
Stainless/PTFE -6 .325"

OD were as follows:
Stock not measured
Proclassic .540"
Stainless braided .560"
Braided PTFE -6 .440"

Does anyone know approximately how many feet of line we need to replace the stock hardline?

Last edited:

14u2nV

It looks to me like 12' (each line) would be plenty with the bends.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I think that the general consensus is that the return line does not necessarily need to be upgraded the same time as the supply.
If that's your fuel line you've taken photos of, is it possible for you to measure the whole thing? I mean, especially if you're going to junk it, you can straighten and measure it, and it would be GREAT if we knew precisely how long it was.

Barnes

All this info is going to force me to write a pressure drop calc.

mitsuturbo

Looks like the flexible line at the end is about another foot, right?
That would make it a total of 13 feet of -6 AN that i need to get, if i follow the OEM route. In order to make sure there's a margin for error, i suppose i'd just go ahead and order 15 ft. Fortunately i already have adapters and hose ends. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

I know that on grocery_getter's car we were able to reduce fuel pressure to ~21psi (vac off) with a Bosch 044 in tank and the factory return. I don't think the return is really a big limitation, and worst case you could always use the larger factory feed as the return.

grocery_getter

If I remember right, we were able to actually go down all the way down to 18psi rail pressure but the spray pattern is so bad at that low pressure it wont hold a good idle anymore. It is however a good experiment to show that the return line is not an area where you need to spend the money.

slugsgomoo

Oh yeah, definitely not suggesting running that for a base pressure, I was just trying to use it as a case in point that an 044 flows a TON of fuel, and if you can drop the base pressure that ludicrously low, it should be completely fine with just about any setup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned