The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel pump recomendations?

Captn

So I am in need of a new fuel pump for my (hopefully) near future set up.

Plan is to run on e85 with 1600cc. Looking to be around 500whp.

I had an Aeromotive 340 but I am open to suggestions. Don't know if anyone likes one or the other better, if not I will get another Aeromotive pump.

nsin

Isnt 1600 overkill? i was putting down 380hp/340tq on 1000s 80% dutycycle i believe, on an evo8 stock turbo.

prove_it

Better off with overkill on injectors. I would look at a walbro pumping to an inline bosch unit.

Street Surgeon

Don't over think it, a simple Bosch 044 in tank has been proven to over 600whp on E85 and there ya go. As far as injectors, eh whatever just get a nice set of injector dynamics or fic.

Last edited:

thecman02

I like how quiet the Walbro 450 and I think they are still cheaper then Bosch.

Captn

I wanted to get FIC, but I have bosch injectors I haven't heard anything bad about them...

I just wanted some opinions on the fuels pumps really, I am going to stick with an in tank setup for now though.

I will look into them all though.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

broncfan56

I second the 044 in tank with 1600cc's. That is my setup and it works fine. Just ensure you run a fuel sock on the pump. You can get one from jay racing (for $35 I believe) that will work with e85.

Loren

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned