The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Crazy fuel problem

I have a new customer that has been having an issue with his car. The car has an intake wally 255hp, and an inline 255hp. It's running stock hard lines. The feedline is -6 from the fuel pump to the rail, and the feed is -6 to the AFPR and -4 from the AFPR to the stock hard line. The car was on the dyno for about an hour today, and was making pretty damn good power till it started loosing pressure. We pulled it off the dyno to diagnose the issue. Both pumps are turning on, but the intank pump is super hot. Not only is pump hot, the fuel in the tank was probably around 100*. Keep in mind this is E85!! I am thinking it's the pumps getting super hot due to them having to fight to get all that fuel back to the tank through the stock return line, which is pretty damn small.

Any thoughts on this predicament?

TylerAdamson

I'm a bit confused. You say he's running stock hard lines, but then you say he's got -6 feed and then -6 to the FPR and -4 to the return. Either way the stock return line is sufficient enough for 500+hp. I'd suggest getting rid of the -4 line though and replacing it with rubber 5/16'' fuel line.

As for your problem, have you checked the regulator? I've seen regulators fail from time to time so its not out of the question.

Regulator was holding just fine till about 1 hour into the session. I am starting to think it's a chinese walbro. They have the same symptoms and it was changed about 3 weeks ago, about the time it started having these issues.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts