The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

a pillar keeps falling

BoostedAWD91

I need some suggestions on how I can keep my dam a pillar attached. It has the clip still but factory velcro came off so it keeps popping off at the top. I've tried a few different brands of the velcro tape, super glue and nothing seems to work. It has 2 gauges on it so its getting really old every time I hit a bump it falls. Any solutions would be appreciated

381gvr4

I had the same problem! As crazy as this sounds I used a piece of small diam rubber vacuum hose, sliced it open and place it C shaded over the plastic post on the pillar(furthest up the pillar). You need to open the metal clip to except. Give it a try! Its free!

I was thinking about this cause mine is the paulo a pillar and it does not have the bump at the end of the top tab to lock it into that clip and your rubber hose idea is so simple. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was also thinking that I could bond some liquid (to solid) to the end of that tab with ultraviolet light or something light. I've seen it done on plastic hearing aids but I cannot remember what chemical they used. Way more pita than the rubber hose technique though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

Quoting 381gvr4:
I had the same problem! As crazy as this sounds I used a piece of small diam rubber vacuum hose, sliced it open and place it C shaded over the plastic post on the pillar(furthest up the pillar). You need to open the metal clip to except. Give it a try! Its free!

Not exactly sure what you mean. Ill have to look at the pillar

steve

What could be clearer than a c-shaded hose and an exceptional metal clip? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting steveGLS:
What could be clearer than a c-shaded hose and an exceptional metal clip? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

LMFAO ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif You have a gift Steve, a real gift!

beefajita

I found provisions on the back of my a pillar covers for additional plastic clips.
I bought the !help! plastic clips for a ford @ o-reillys'; marked and drilled appropriate holes in the metal
and viola!
Also I was installing the plastics for a non-sliding seatbelt.

So get bigger clips for the additional weight, and add holes if necessary.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned