The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Saggy A-pillar

Lucas03ES

So the top clip on my driver's a-pillar is broken, and it likes to just fall a bit on the top when I hit some bumps or anything in my car. I was just gonna drive a screw through it to hold it there, but it would hit the seatbelt track. Does anyone have some suggestions on what I could do to secure it in its proper place? Also, does anyone have a part number for the clips that go into the a-pillar and hold it to the body? Thanks!

kama1

as i remember the clips for the pillar is same as the ones used on door claddings.

cheekychimp

I'm wondering if it is just the clip that he is missing or that is broken, or if the mounting tab on the pillar itself is broken. If it is the actual clip then just live with it whilst you wait to get a new one, don't destroy a perfectly good A-pillar. if the tabs are broken, I'd still be inclined to look for a new pillar rather than try to screw it on.

I will have to come up with a solution to fit my carbon fibre A-pillars because they have no clips but I intend to make that a little more professional by welding a threaded nut into the steel pillar that can be used to house a button head allen screw that holds the pillar on. I may even go so far as to design in a spacer or 'stop' so that I can't overtighten the screw and crack the carbon fibre.

Lucas03ES

The actual clip that slides into the metal piece at the top is busted off, I could try to fix it though. Also, both the plastic clips that mount to the body are missing and I would like to replace them

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned