The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

794/100 Green VR4 Project

blackvr4

Quoting willyp20:
Got it started last night. Turns out the driver for the ostrich was corrupt. Deleted it and reinstalled it and it fired up first key turn. Now the new issue is the fuel pump relay is cutting in and out. And when it goes out it throws a code. WTF could cause that? And yes when I get it all cleaned up and back together I will take alot of pics of the engine bay and car and post it in readers rides. Going to pick up my shep stage 1 tonight.

Can you just tell me then what you ended up doing with the Rad/Fan set up? I just want to know if I have order anymore parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

willyp20

Honestly I ran out of funds. I took a cutoff wheel to the stock one and made it fit. I had to cut the blades down and the shroud. But it keeps it cool and it wasnt exactly cool yesterday. I am running straight water and 1 bottle of watter wetter. Gauge never went over half way and I drove it around the block twice and it idled for awhile. I will be switching to a slim fan here soon though.

blackvr4

Well dude thats good to know, I had to do something similar on my DSM to make my stock fan fit too!

willyp20

Here is some current pics of the car. Took a buffer to it today and am showing my support for my forums that I visit often. Thanks fellas]
IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

willyp20

I have yet to fully detail the interior. The wife wiped it down with a damp rag to get the three years of setament off of everything. Helped alot. I have to go to advance and get some interior detailing spray and do it again.

Okayplayer

That is a good looking ride man, I envy your paint. Nice work.

Vr4junkie

Build looking good ....hey I was ganna say if you can take some pics of the engine bay hows the clearance in the engine bay with the HX35 any thing have to go or cut?

fuel

columbusdsm?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned