The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Project '92

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
This last weekend I brought home the next (third) VR4 project. I have had it stored off-site for about 16 months as I dealt with 855.

It's a Belize Green '92, with about 134k on the chassis. Aborted attempts to fix something with the engine by the PO left me with a couple boxes and a trunk full of parts, and a car that does not run of course.

Needs some clear coat work, but it appears to be on a repainted area, not the factory paint that is peeling. Interior is real nice except for the usual spot on the driver's seat.

I have been stockpiling part for a while, and except for what is inside the engine being unknown, I hope to have this running by fall.

Last edited:

rheckert

Those look like Bobs old wheels?
My car had a cell phone mount like that when I got it years back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

DarkDevilMMM

Remember to send the VIN and badge number to icem... wait... nvm, remember to add the number to the list a'ight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

and gratz

CarRacer

Looks like a nice stock example from what I can see. Fogs are there and interior looks ok.

Good luck with the car.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Those fine wheels will be for sale and available shortly if someone wants them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Tires are dry-rotted and I am surprised they hold any air.

I will be doing a 5-lug swap anyway, and the new GR2s just got here yesterday.

DD, I'll make sure he gets the VIN.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Looks like a worthy project!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
thinking about keeping that phone in there just for the conversation starting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

jepherz

Staff member
That thing looks almost clean NOW Dave. You need to find them in a more rough state :) Where did this one come from?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
A small barn in southern Illinois. It was advertised on the board maybe back in August of 2007?

It has been in Ohio and Missouri for some of its life. Owned previously by a military guy.

curtis

I think thats the car that use to be on Ft Campbell guy was in the ALSE shop (aviation life support equipment facility) in around 96 or so.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have been doing some general clean up on the interior and some exterior. Cleaned the seats and interior, removed all the phone wiring ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif) and painted the windshield garnish and wiper arms.

Also pulled out the ECU, and it appeared to never have been accessed before. Caps have leaked, but don't look too bad. I will have them replaced and get it socketed here soon.

May start on the 5 lug swap Thursday if the weather is nice. Tires and wheels are ready to go on when I get that done.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned