The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

794/100 Green VR4 Project

broxma

We can start the BG cars of 1000 Crew.

If you could, either PM or here, let me know roughly what the Ostrich is setting you back total, not just base website price but all things involved(Labor, extra parts Etc.) and how you find it performance wise.

Are you respraying the engine bay while the motor is out? Next to my ECU and maybe my cupholder, best thing I have done thus far.

/brox

willyp20

Not planning on painting it. Due to the lack of funds in this project. I am currently arguing with my wife over a 350 dollar clutch that I have got to have to do anything with this car.

willyp20

Alright got the tranny off and everything else buttoned up. Did not get the engine dropped in due to two different motor mounts. Any one curious its the front and the back are different. Will be pressing the old out and the new in tomorrow and hopfully the next nice day get the engine dropped in. Here are some exciting pics from the day. Note the captions on each.
a846a3dd.jpg

the new rc 1000cc blood pumpers
af89f21d.jpg

oh couldnt guess what the issue is. Someone please tell me
3594db9e.jpg

pp got rubbed aliitle bit but still looks ok.
57b1ea72.jpg

fw still looks good. To bad I cant use it.
5f6ed087.jpg

sh*t laid out. Yet another pp shot
2ba703f7.jpg

getting ready to go in before the realization of the motor mount issue.
e8e1f933.jpg

the new home of the forged engine. She will like it there. Get plenty of abuse.
1f4a234b.jpg

the aftermath of the gst
ae57a045.jpg

the hillbilly engine hoist. FTW. This sh*t works great minus the noise.

willyp20

Oh by the way, How in the f*** does the front bumper come off? Got all the side and lower bolt and clips out. But GD do you have to take out all the bolts on the inside of the bumper beam?

willyp20

e3c75308.jpg

This is why I say xtd is a pain in the ass. I have 5k on this disk and pp and this is what it gives me. I slipped it once at24-25psi on the holset. Its rated at 350hp.

AnotherNewb

Did you take your turnsignal lenses out and get the bolts in there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

willyp20

No I didnt see them in there. Ill look again.

As for another update, I ordered my clutch today. Southbend OFE stage 4 with cryo treatment. Also ordered my ostrich today.
I did not get the engine dropped in yesterday due to the front and rear mount being different then the gst. I am planning on getting back to it on Wednesday if no rain. The clutch and ostrich should be here by thursday.

Terrance362

Wow it looks like it is rated as a good paper weight or something that you never ever never need to run again. I got a Act 2600 I think if you want to buy it. It is brand new let me know. It is a six puck

willyp20

Going in a different direction then a heavy pressure plate. Almost stock plate with a really grabby disc equates to a good dd and no act leg. And I have been told that its good for 450-500hp.

willyp20

9abbfa4d.jpg

4f915ffc.jpg

6978b464.jpg

156a0eca.jpg

e8f82617.jpg

d5c97ae4.jpg

d69c713f.jpg

2668c096.jpg

cdb5ca07.jpg

c4a01c2f.jpg

b19f670f.jpg

ed0e5aac.jpg

90059603.jpg

e3fc6074.jpg

14e78d67.jpg

Clutch will be here tomorrow and hopefully the ostrich too. Ordered my 3bar map sensor yesterday and should be here on friday too. Super stoked about getting this thing together.

willyp20

Been awhile for and update. Car is together for the most part. Had a small issue with my 90 oil cooler lines and am trying to source some so I dont have to drop more money on a full an oil cooler setup. Still have all my gauges to put in and setup my tune on ds-map but thats about it. Well I take that back. I have one pesky nut on my fuel pump sending unit that does not want to come off. But will be soon be taken care of. Lots of pb blaster and time has done well on the rest of them. I have to put the ecu back in and mount my ostrich to the glove box. Getting pretty close to being done and I am getting pretty close to being burnt out on this one for a month. Curious to see which one comes first. Ill post some final pics when I get it all back on the ground.

willyp20

Well I finally got time to work on it yesterday and made a pretty good bit of progress. If the weather holds out It will be running either by or before friday. All is done besides wiring in the wideband to power and the signal to the stock o2 wire to the ecu. Make my harness for the map and ait sensors. Flash the ecu for a good starting tune and pull my 255 out of my fwd eclipse and drop it into the tank. The moment of truth awaits and I will post first fire and running videos of it when complete.

willyp20

Fuel pump installed and first fire will be tonight. Cant wait to hear it run. It has been a very long project and has cooked me like a blackend steak. But it will all be worth it!

willyp20

Question for all. What will cause a brand new set of 1000cc RC's not to fire? Plugs are dry as a bone and no hint of fuel.

464/2K

Are you getting fuel to the rail? Maybe something fishy went on and the pump fell off causing little to no fuel to reach the rail.

willyp20

Yes there is fuel to the rail. Left the gauge off the AFPR to purge the fuel lines and there was alot coming out. Also builds fp up to about 35 psi when cranking on it. These are the injectors I have. click

Last edited:

curtis

Stick a long screwdriver to the injectors and listen while someone tries to crank. If it ain't going tick tick tick the driver in the ecu is funked That or the grond side isn't grounded. Have to look and can't remember how its wired but you have a break down in the electrical side some where.

blackvr4

Hey can you post an updated picture of the engine bay? Want to see what you ended up doing with the radiator and fans. I ask because I am going to be putting in my hx40 very soon. And the room in my engine bay is already tight in the DSM with an hx35 and stock rad/stock fan. Hoping the hx40 fits into the galant without me having to change the Radiator.

willyp20

Got it started last night. Turns out the driver for the ostrich was corrupt. Deleted it and reinstalled it and it fired up first key turn. Now the new issue is the fuel pump relay is cutting in and out. And when it goes out it throws a code. WTF could cause that? And yes when I get it all cleaned up and back together I will take alot of pics of the engine bay and car and post it in readers rides. Going to pick up my shep stage 1 tonight.

willyp20

Well I got to drive it around the block today. Not sure what the fuel pump relay was doing yesterday but it did not do it today. I got to drive it and enjoyed it until I found out that 3 years of sitting is bad on brake and power steering lines. Wahoo. Here is a teaser. click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned