The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

713/1000

mannymac

Hey! My name is Manny. Just picked up 713/1000 a few weeks ago. Previous owner messed up the clutch and couldn't continue with it. I found a lot of history on 713 here and also found out that its gone through several homes this year which I find to be sad. I've been in the 4g63 world for about 10 years now and have kept my cars for several years and plan to do so with 713. I also have a 96 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD. I plan on putting 713 back to stock and daily drive it. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

GVR47111K

Welcome! Post up some pictures of your car if you can. 713 has gotta be the closest number to me that I've seen yet which is awesome.

GSX_TC

Welcome aboard, hopefully you keep it like you say. Post up a few pics of it in the meantime.

mannymac

Added a few pics. I already found a 14B that I'm having rebuilt and all the stock intercooler piping including the j pipe. Will be removing the Mitsu 20G that it has on there hopefully sometime this week and get this baby back on the road!

4wheelsqueal

Funny, i hauled it up to the Green Bay area about 5 yrs ago from ill and now its back there! Lol! I did a ton to that car when i had it but its changed hands a few times since i owned it. Have tons of pics of the work i did to it if you want to know what was done to it. I also have a purple 2g! Loved parking 713 next to my gsx. Hope you do keep it! It was in great shape when i owned it.

4wheelsqueal

Also, if it still has the jdm switchable tranny on it and you want the switchable tacse that goes with that tranny, i still have it and its for sale. Works great. Lmk

BpuVR4

another Chicago VR4...hope to see you around the way.

mannymac

Hey 4wheelsqueal! I would definitely want to know a little history on it, like how many miles the motor has on it? It actually has this oil leak by the drivers side that I have to figure out where its leaking from. Also, when i first turn it on it idles at 1800 rpms for a bit then slowly goes down then turns off. I have to play with the idle for a minute before it decides to hold the idle on its own.

713 been sitting in the garage since I bought it. Hoping to start the new year driving it. I had read up on all the work that you had done to it after I had purchased it. It actually still has the switchable trans on it. How much were you looking for the transfer case?

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

First, the bad news. I sold the transfer case last wednesday to a board member. Sorry!! My buddy bought the car from me and i offered it to him and he turned it down and the owner after him never replyed to my offer to sell it to him.
Second, some history. Now not sure what all was do to this after i sold it. I sold it to Justin Schultz jrschultz) with 151,812 miles. I didn't put that many miles on it because i was always working on it and had 555/2000 to drive. The engine was out of 555/2000. It had 10,000 on a rebuild while in 555 but a bad tune blew a hole in a valve and the motor was pulled out of 555. The head was sent in for rebuild and then long block was installed in 713. I put maybe 1,500-2,000 miles on the motor before i sold the car. After picking up the car, i did the following repairs to it. The the gas and brake lines rusted thru at the b-piller so replaced from that point back to gas tank and rubber lines. 4ws lines rusted thru after gas and brake lines were fixed. After checking the condition of the 4ws lines and 4ws unit, both of which were heavily rusted, I decided to remove both the lines and rear end. The subframe that is in it now was out of a 1991 dsm. Rear end was out of the same car as the subframe, had 98,000 miles on it. The steering rack was changed with a awd dsm unit because the cross-over lines rusted thru on the vr4 steering unit. The eprom ecu was rebuilt by Steve P, one of the last ecu's he rebuilt before he stopped rebuilding them. Ecu was socketed but has stock vr4 chip in it. Should have the receipt for that if I didnt give it to jrschultz. Drivers side axle, mid-ship bearing, u-joints, both rear calipers were all new. I gave jrschultz a folder with receipts, hope that made it to you! The kyb gr2's were all new, with vr4-specific H & R springs. The dsm steering wheel was out of one of my parts car. Not sure if the Apexi safc 1 went with the car but if it did, I also made the plug-and-play that it was installed with. I have pictures of 95% of the work mentioned above that I can post if you'd like them. Not sure whats going on with the idle, maybe check the idle speed control valve and see if thats got a bad pin. Also, not sure about the oil leak. only place it leaked any fluid was a tiny bit out the oil return line off the turbo. However when i owned it, i had a 14b on it, running stock boost pressure. No idea when or were the 20g was installed on it. Hope whoever installed it also tuned the car properly. Good luck with it and let me know if you have any other questions or want those pictures!!

4wheelsqueal

Also had a brand new act flywheel installed in it. Trying to remember what all i put into that car! Thats the bad thing about having 5 of them at the same time. can't keep track of what you did to which one! Not sure what all i put in the other post about what i did to it so just relisted everything.

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

That car looks great without fender rust.
Congrats on the purchase!

-Shawn

4wheelsqueal

Oh yeah, forgot about that!! I replaced the metal above the rear drivers wheel with a piece off maroonmetallic's parts car. Rust had eaten thru the metal and had. A body guy up up here weld a piece in. Have the old chunk off the car on my wall of shame. Thanks for reminding me, Shawn!

mannymac

Thanks for all the info on 713 4wheelsqueal! I really appreciate you taking time to give me a little history on the car! I actually just installed an extended slave rod on 713. The clutch was engaging about an inch off the floor. Just didn't feel right. I'll find out once I get off work if it fixed my problem. Also, I think ISC went bad, so I'm just going to buy one this weekend.

mannymac

BpuVR4 - When I went to buy 713, that intake setup was the first thing that caught my eye. I was like, "What the....!" Good thing I already found all the stock intercooler piping including the j pipe and the intake pipe. I'm just waiting on this 14b to get rebuilt.

jrschultz

Wow oh wow! I came back to this site to see if I could find out what happened to 713. I had no idea it had 2 more owners after I sold it. I bought the car from 4wheelsqueal. I always admired these cars, but I learned real quick that I didn't have the knowledge or funds to keep the car in good shape. The car remained the same as I got it from 4wheelsqueal with the exception of a brand new exhaust a few months ago. The exhaust was a 3 inch downpipe to a brand new cat to new custom 2 1/2 inch piping to the twin tip muffler. I also did little things as needed like replace the wastegate actuator and a few hoses. The wheels on the car in your pics were ones I put on there. I also gave the guy who bought it from me the stock wheels. Hopefully they went with the car when you got it. I looked for the folder of receipts that was mentioned, but I don't have it. I must have given them to the guy who bought it from me. I'm glad the car ended up in good hands. I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned