The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new owner of 713/1000 (updated 6-5-11 w/ pics)

4wheelsqueal

sorry the tranny pics are so bad. was in a hurry and it's not cleaned up yet. will get better ones before it;s installed.

866galant

That rust doesn't look too bad,it's bad when you get holes in you trunk and wheel wells /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Switchable tranny and transfer case? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Could you be so kind as to explain this to me. Switch back and forth between AWD and FWD or RWD?

4wheelsqueal

i guess that you can switch from 2wd to 4wd. i have seen trannies that have the swich level on them for this but i didn't know that the t-case had it too until i purchased it yesterday. will take more pics of both of these this weekend and post them. 417if anyone else has more info on these and how to adjust them, i'd love to hear from you. the pervious owner had them set for 4wd and that's how they're staying until i know how to switch to 2wd.

Last edited:

PolskiVR4

Thank god its only surface rust, I wouldve felt really bad. Keep the updates coming this is the only reason why I look through the newbie section still haha.

4wheelsqueal

will do.

4wheelsqueal

Haven't updated this thread in a long time so figured i should. made the mistake of letting her sit in the garage all winter, out of the snow, and she rewarded me by blowing a cross-over line on the powersteering rack the first time out of the garage this spring. So have to fix the line, rebuild the driveshaft, pull out the blown struts and install the H&R springs i have on the shelf. The third pictures shows the rust damage i had fixed with rust-free panel from maroonmetallic. Just covered with color-matched rattle can. Have to have it skim-coated and the rear quarter repainted but want it mobile again first. Last picture is the new owner, who the personalized plates on it are for. Will try and post more pictures as i get more done on it.

AnotherNewb

That's awesome but can he reach the pedals and does he know how to launch off the stutter box yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

That black one in the corner looks nice

4wheelsqueal

The black one is 555/2k, my high mileage one. Its got some dents and rust but has rebuild engine and decent suspension. And my son always asks me, " make it miss, daddy, make it miss!" because he thinks that its missing when I rev it to the stutter box. He does like to sit on my lap and steer but has a ways to go before he gets to the pedal!

PolskiVR4

I see you got that driver's side fog fixed that I never got around to doing. The only rust spot is taken care of, she's pretty much perfect. I have the rear badge that goes on the trunklid If you want it, to cover up the residue from the adhesive.

GSX_TC

That is soo cute! god i cant wait to have a son

4wheelsqueal

Quoting PolskiVR4:
I see you got that driver's side fog fixed that I never got around to doing. The only rust spot is taken care of, she's pretty much perfect. I have the rear badge that goes on the trunklid If you want it, to cover up the residue from the adhesive.

Oh yes, I'll take it! Let me know what you need, cash-wise.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned