The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4WS line removal

jcrimboli

This may be a silly question, but why don't more people loop the power steering lines for the rear (once the rear rack is removed) below the reservoir rather than welding/looping them under the passenger side of the car? I couldn't find anything explaining why this was done and it seems like a cleaner option as many of the rubber lines to hard lines seem to leak.

SSGdave

Ive done it to a customer car, It works just fine.

But if your going to delete the AWS, might as well do the entire thing, and just loop a line for the PS res.

jcrimboli

That's kind of what I was hoping to hear. The lines that run from the PS reservoir, under the radiator, and along the passenger side frame rail seem unnecessary. Thanks SSGdave.

Kibby

I used tubing benders and looped it at the reservoir.

transparentdsm

just go to the junk yard and get a 1g dsm reservoir. then no lines to worry about and a much nicer/cleaner look. can't cost more then 15$, plus you never have to worry about a leak. on a side note in 1078, when i bought it, the stock reservoir was looped at the bottom ports like you mention, mine def. dripped fluid out of it every once and a while.

LIV4PSI

I have a DSM reservoir I would sell for $20 shipped, should be same as the trip to yard if ou want one.

jcrimboli

Thanks for the info fellas. I think they just dropped a 1G at Pick-n-Pull, but if the reservoir is gone (or destroyed) I'll take you up on that offer LIV4PSI. And transparent, the .org is leaps and bounds better than what I dealt with on honda-tech, but I guess that kinda goes without saying.

coyotes

worst car community ever: turbo volvo 940/740/240 community. WORST. EVER. f*** those guys.

transparentdsm

Quoting jcrimboli:
Thanks for the info fellas. I think they just dropped a 1G at Pick-n-Pull, but if the reservoir is gone (or destroyed) I'll take you up on that offer LIV4PSI. And transparent, the .org is leaps and bounds better than what I dealt with on honda-tech, but I guess that kinda goes without saying.

oh i know, craig and i were BS'ing the other day on another thread saying how awesome this site is.. so your from reno?? where about? PM me if you ever want to meet up, go for a drive or just BS. im like 40 minutes from reno. also there is a decent group of guys in the area and we meet up once or so a month for just a hello and how are things doing.

jcrimboli

I think we talked on here before, transparent. I live off of Longley, near the airport. I should have 1220 up and running in the next few days. I just replaced a bunch of seals/bushings, removed 4WS (completely), and ABS. Fitting up a FMIC and I think that I'm done spending money for a bit...maybe.

raptorWagon

Or You just get a regular galant/galant gsx or dsm rack and swap it in then no welding or silly looping lines. Or you could always run a dry rack too.

transparentdsm

Quoting jcrimboli:
I think we talked on here before, transparent. I live off of Longley, near the airport. I should have 1220 up and running in the next few days. I just replaced a bunch of seals/bushings, removed 4WS (completely), and ABS. Fitting up a FMIC and I think that I'm done spending money for a bit...maybe.

well let me know when your up and running and or if you need some help. im usually free.

edit: ill be in reno tomorrow if you want to meet up.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned