The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4ws light is on, puddle under my car.... easiest way to delete?

brisvr4

Quoting brunoboy:
If someone wanted to find me, they can find me by following the trail of powersteering fluid......lol, I took off the cross member and power washed everything. If I run my car on Jack stands it doesnt leak. I drive it around and it leaks.......I couldnt see anywhere it would leak from except these two bolts that the lines connect to the Rack I assume. These lines drop down to the Y and then connect to the rubber lines. Can I cap off the PS reservoir and then cap them off here?:
VR4002.jpg

and then remove the rest of the lines back and do I cap off from the rear in the same spot? I didnt see a picture anywhere that shows me what to do in the rear end as I am wanting to keep the 3 bolt rear.
-shane.

That's what I did on mine as a temp fix until I found a stock rack for the front.
I just capped the rubber hoses off up the front and left the rear as it was, stayed like this for about 4 months with no issues.
I used bolts slide into the hoses and clamps on them. A bit of a dodgy fix but it works short term!

From the original post where the pic came from.... Quote:
The caps are -6 JIC but the lines are a -6 BSP type fitting with a metric thread(i think)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned