The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4ws delete ?

THEKID

when removing the rear steering rack what if anything do i put in its place. on 3s cars they have an adjustable arm to replace it. click here does it make sense to have these on the gvr4?

jepherz

Staff member
You can either put nothing there (like a DSM rear), weld the bushings solid, or put those in.

THEKID

oh ok i have a dsm rear and i have the weld in adjustable bushings. so there is no need or use for the arms.

asked and answered

thanks

4thStroke

I pulled my rear rack but didnt address what THEKID is talking about. Is that what most people do?

Whats to be gained by adding that delete kit?

turbowop

Most people just pull the rear rack and call it good. Then it's identical to the DSM rear setup. Mine has been like this for years.

I've never seen those little arms for the 3s. Those are pretty sweet. I always wanted to weld the rear solid but it seemed a pain in the ass. I might have to try these out instead.

4thStroke

I wonder if this would tighten up the rear end much.

Im on a mission to make this car handle as well as possible with only being mildly offense to passengers.

Im not on a mission to send my passengers head into the ceiling... like some... Brian...

turbowop

Those shouldn't do anything other than eliminate the passive rear toe while steering. I don't think passengers will feel it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4thStroke

I know they wouldnt feel it. Im just saying it would be part of the attempt to stiffen up the car as a whole.

Come on Snowflake, give me more credit than that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

THEKID

i already welded in solid bushings and was just wondering if the 3s arms would make any difference.

Nabeel

Let us see how it looks like on the car..

THEKID

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned