The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4 bolt install/ 4ws removal.. Its not that messy..

Rear pump - 5lbs
Rear rack - 15lbs (actually I can't remember if this was 10 or 15)

I'd estimate all the other lines and fluid that are removed to be 10lbs at the MOST. So we're looking at a maximum of 30lbs drop for a 4ws removal.

And of course if you put a 4 bolt back in there, they weigh more.

3 bolt axles are 10lbs a piece.
3 bolt LSD rear is 46lbs

Anyone have 4 bolt weights?

Mark

when you remove the 4ws rack, does this affect the wheel alignment at all, or does it just come out and then thats it, your sweet to drive???

turbowop

quote:Originally posted by Bigfoot:
Whithout the rack it's just like the TELs. Mitsubishi calls that passive RWS. I thought they called it "Active Toe".
confused.gif

Quote:
when you remove the 4ws rack, does this affect the wheel alignment at all, or does it just come out and then thats it, your sweet to drive???

Wow.. resurrection, but I was searching and saw this question.. Once the rack comes off you're ready to go!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned