The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3kgt brakes

91vr4394

Im thinking about doing a 3kgt brake upgrade on all 4 corners of my vr4...i want the calipers that say mitsubishi on them..but the reason for this post is im not quite sure what all i would have to purchase for the upgrade..any info would help thanks

I think the rear may be more effort than it's worth. The galant/1G rear brakes use a caliper that has an integral parking brake. The 3000gt rear calipers do not. They have miniature drum brake inside the hat of the rotor that is engaged by the parking brake. I'm not saying it can't be done, just maybe the wow factor doesn't make it worth it. However, the front will atleast need custom brackets to mount the calipers, and a five lug conversion. You'll need bigger wheels to clear it all, and remember to get hubs from an abs equipped 1G if you want that to work after you're done.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned