The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can TunersNation brackets make Evo brakes bolt-on?

Ok guys. I did a pretty good amount of research, but I couldn't find anything about whether Evo VIII brakes would bolt on with a steering knuckle from another Mitsu or something like that. I found the tuners nation brackets, but I haven't heard anything about them being able to bolt up a set of Evo brakes. Do the evo VIII brembo calipers and the 3kgt calipers have the same specs?

Yeah. I took the brakes off of my Evo to swap to a small AMS brake setup, so I want to see if I can get them to work on my VR4

3rdstrikedsm

It is a sh*t ton of work, I have only know one person to pull it off and he said he would never do it again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It won't work. There are a few differences with the calipers. If I spent enough time with them, I can make some design changes that will make them work. I guess I should work on this as I've gotten a lot of people asking the same question.

evo8ya

Do it Garfield. I'd be down for a swap. Gives me a reason to upgrade my evo brakes if they get swapped on my GVR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting Garfield Wright:
It won't work. There are a few differences with the calipers. If I spent enough time with them, I can make some design changes that will make them work. I guess I should work on this as I've gotten a lot of people asking the same question.

I know you said you really don't want to do this garfield, but this would make an awesome evo swap for those of us trying to swap all stock evo parts onto a galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I already got the seats. Just need the brakes and I found a set of Evo VIII powdercoated black wheels.

thecman02

Yeah you should make them. Too bad FN10rcs wouldn't work with them.

Boostdtalon

Quoting thecman02:
Yeah you should make them. Too bad FN10rcs wouldn't work with them.

brembos will work with brackets except the rear loses the parking brake on a 1g DSM. its possible with a 2g swapping it out with a jdm galant knuckle. and i have FN01RC's on my evo so i dont know why you said they wont work.

Last edited:

onesickcrx

Seems like it cost around $1500 in total to get everything and get it working and installed...

I would probally just buy a set of stoptech's at that point to be honist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The 2g suspension is totally different from the gvr4's/1g's. So swapping out a knuckle is not an option for the gvr4's/1g's. You we have to have a bracket made.

boostedinaz

Quoting boostdtalon:
and i have FN01RC's on my evo so i dont know why you said they wont work.

EVO wheels are usually much wider and have a different offset that won't fit under a 1G/GVR4.

Oh, I forgot to address that. The fnor1c's to clear the evo brakes are @ least 17x8.5+35. The gvr4's don't have as much wheel clearance as the Evo's. @ 8.5 width the wheel will stick out past the fender on the gvr4.

Boostdtalon

I'll agree about the setups being different between 1G/2g dsms, gvr4's, and Evo. Ive had a 92' tsi, selling my 95' GS which has my bbs' off my Evo(still got it) on them right now and picking up my gvr4 this weekend. I have looked into swapping brembos onto both the 1g/2g but opted not too. If they made a bracket to use the brembos. A stock Evo wheel would be perfect as it clears and they are not too wide. A set of Evo wheels from a V or VI would probably be best as they are 17x7.5 +38 offset. As most know the VII and up have 17x8 +38. Well the X's went to a 18x8.5 +35.

A 7.5" wide wheel will not clear the calipers. I could be wrong but that's a .5" difference ~13mm.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned