The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3000gt rear trailing arms

89Patches

Just wondering if anyone one knows the going price on them? I found one guy locally parting out a 3000gt and told me $850 for trailing arms + rear dual piston brakes.
That seem's quite high to me.

Just wondering whats your guys opinion is? And if you have them what did you pay?

SSGdave

Quoting 89Patches:
Just wondering if anyone one knows the going price on them? I found one guy locally parting out a 3000gt and told me $850 for trailing arms + rear dual piston brakes.
That seem's quite high to me.

Just wondering whats your guys opinion is? And if you have them what did you pay?

if you do the conversion, please please do a how to write up. I am really considering it for the Project GGSX racer I have, and would love to see how it works out.
There is a known issue with the orentation of the wheels out back after installing those trailing arms, but i'll be on over fenders.

Last edited:

89Mirageman

There is an early (91 or 92) 3000GT VR-4 in one of the local yards, at least it was still there a month ago when I last went. It had the single piston calipers on the back though and I actually pulled all 4 and sold them already. The trailing arms are there though and I can grab them for you. I'm assuming they're the same as the later models.

prove_it

850? that's insane. Salvage yards will charge less. I'd only pay 400 tops for a whole rear subframe with no diff. MAX.

89Patches

I have never seen a 3000GT/Stealth in any wrecking yards in my area. This is the first part out I've seen in my Province!!
I would get them down south but shipping would be a killer.

89Mirageman

Ah, didn't realize you were from Canada. Shipping would be expensive.

raptorWagon

Quoting 89Patches:

Lol I now how to install them. I am asking about prices which they sell for.

Read!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I will do a write up on how to install them. Having no rear brakes is fine (I'm using Evo brembo's)
All the AWD trailing arm are the same through all years.

I wasn't talking about you lol, the comment about a writeup.

89Patches

I thought you were /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

He emailed me back and said $500 for everything.

But I did manage to find some sweet HKS external resivor coilovers for a 3KGT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I wonder if they'll work in the GVR4....

EMX5636

Fronts I'm not quite sure, but the rears are slightly different. They use different size (3KGT larger) lower mounts on the trailing arms.

For price, $500 probably isn't bad. I've seen as low as $350 for both w/o calipers/rotors.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned