The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 1x MB515194 Rear Trailing Arm Connecting Rod

AlmosN8kd

Hey all, I was sent here by a friend, Chris (3rdstrikedsm), as I'm looking for a part for my 3/S which Mitsubishi has discontinued (so, I'm forced to go to the used car parts market).

Anyhow, I'm looking for a Rear Trailing Arm Connecting rod, Mitsubishi Part Number MB515194.

This is found on the very front of the rear trailing arm and when I looked it up in ASA it shares the same part number with the E39A chassis of the Galant VR-4.

Here is a CAPS/ASA screen shot showing the location of the item I'm looking for, it is located in the lower left corner, PNC# 41354:
a586f315159896b2bc7c368be41118d3.png

Here is what the item looks like removed:
ConnectingRod_zpsec1d4c13.jpg

I'm not worried about the bushing, I have new ones to replace it, I just need the connecting rod if any one has one available. I thank you in advance for your time.

3rdstrikedsm

Help this guy out if we can! I know someone has to have that part laying around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Staff member
How many do you need? 1?

AlmosN8kd

Yes, just the one is what is needed. However, if you have a set in exceptionally good condition (very clean and the rubber grommet teeth in the rear portion aren't eaten up - I can get a pic of this if needed) I would get both.

VR4Scott

I've got 2 of them ready to go.

AlmosN8kd

How much you looking to get for them, shipped to 22134?

Can you take a few pics for me to give me an idea of condition?

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I checked with mmc jp and no stock is available even there. So you're sol.

AlmosN8kd

Yeah, I know, I have a contact in NJ who checked on them for me a few months ago when I started to get into this job (long story, but it all started when I went to go in for an alignment and the rear toe adjuster is seized). Anyhow, when I bought all the hard ware (bushings, bolts, and what not, basically everything in that drawing above surrounding this part), I learned that these were discontinued and there is no back stock; that is why I'm looking for some used ones which Scott said he had. So, for a few months, I've been trying to source these, I've gotten one thus far; I bought some from Chris but he inadvertently got what I wanted mixed up and sent me the upper control arms and sent the rear trailing arm connecting rods to the guy/gal who bought the rear trailing arm. That is how I ended up here as we've been trying to fix the issue.

I really only need them to do a quick swap out on my car to save down time. My car is basically daily driven and I can take it down for a weekend and maybe a day or so into the week but after that it becomes a problem. So, the plan is, get some new (to me) replacements, clean them up, persevere them (powder coat or paint the steel portion to prevent rust in the future), press in some new bushings (which I already have), and swap them out on a weekend. If someone wanted to loan me their spares for a swap out set then I could do that, sending you my old ones in return; but, I feel as though most will not be open to this (especially considering I have 0 credibility on this forum).

Last edited:

89Patches

I have two pulled from my car in good shape 127,000km's on them. (Whatever that is in miles) Has some surface rust on the metal but the bushing itself is in great shape.

AlmosN8kd

AlmosN8kd

Also, if you don't mind me asking, why were they removed? Not trying to be rude here, but, am I barking the wrong tree and there is a good aftermarket alternative to these that I've missed (I've tried to find some but have been unsuccessful)?

AlmosN8kd

Ok. I have been preserving my AWS. Not sure why, but I've done quite a bit to keep that system over the years.

VR4Scott

Quoting AlmosN8kd:

Text me 321-274-3759

AlmosN8kd

Thanks guys, you can close this thread if needed.

I was able to pick up a set from VR4Scott and a set from 89Patches so I have some options for getting the best condition ones available to put into my car. Not exactly what I had in mind but it has been very difficult getting these for some reason.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned