The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

20th Annual 2012 DSM/EVO Shootout Aug 17-19 Norwalk, Ohio

GSX_TC

Haha nice, I'll be right there getting my good launch pic of you.

onesickcrx

This is coming up pretty soon really looking forward to this weekend so far we got 11 people going with our crew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

this new build is quickly making me broke so i might only have enough money only for gas and food lol, i dont mind camping out in my car though unless someone can help me out and let me crash somewhere those days. eh who knows i might make it work. i already have the dam hotel near the track booked but like i said, running out of money quick here lol. im still going though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LIV4PSI

Shootout is one month from this weekend. Only 4 weeks left to get all those JSBs back on the road!

Mike, you could camp with us. We camp all the time, so it is hardly roughing it. The Milan campsite isn't too far away, and it is filled with DSMers. Or my friend Mark would much rather be in a hotel so maybe we could pitch in on the room you have booked, and crash on your floor. I thought is was so cool you made such a journey to come last year, I am more than happy to help you make it this year. Especially since its only a 2hr drive for me.

GSX_TC

That, my friend sounds like a plan. I'm trying to get my girl to come with me so that way she could cover the hotel portion of the trip lol, but if she can't come along then I will take you up on That camping site offer. I remember that place from last year, I went over there checking out all the cars.

We could also stick to the room I have booked but it's like 500 bucks for the days of the shootout so I'm pretty sure nobody wants to spend that much but let me know. But give me a call or text come that time so we can figure out what we are gonna do. 713 534 2023

LIV4PSI

I hate how bad the hotel room inflation is, its ridiculous. I will text you soon to go over some of the details.

GreenGSX

I am making plans on bringing the One Lap VR4 this year to compete in the max effort class. The One Lap Evo X, once it gets an engine installed, is also rumored to be coming too. We'll be rolling in Friday evening and then hitting the Econo later that night for some fun and to meet people. I will have a couple of different versions of a ruff edit of the One Lap reality show with me so if you want a peek bring a beer.

Tim

GSX_TC

Holy sh*t the one lap VR4 is coming to the shootout? Omg this is gonna be the best one ever!!! I'll be sure to get all the good shots of it in action on the autocross and track. Will you be dynoing it Friday morning at buschur's shop Tim?

VR4_1752

Im thinking about going, the galant should be running by this weekend. Do you think it's going to be hard to find a hotel?

GreenGSX

I am out of vacation days this year so I have to sneak out of work early on Friday and then make the 330 mile, 5.5hr drive to Norwalk. If I get there before 7pm I'll be lucky. So the Friday events for me will be limited to cruising around Friday night and just hanging out.

Action shots would be great and I would love to meet as many VR4 guys as I can so please come say hey when you see the car. The drag racing portion isn't going to be much for me. I might take the aero off I might not. But with a junkyard transmission and a 2-spider center diff I won't be launching the car so if it runs mid-12's I'll be happy.

Sunday I might do some test-n-tune or Bracket1 drag racing but that is just for show, and again, won't be anything special. Might line up that POS One Lap Evo X for a grudge race. That would be fun. I'd leave the aero on for that.

Then the plan is to hit the road back to New York in the afternoon.

Hope to see you guys there.

Tim

GreenGSX

Quoting VR4_1752:
Im thinking about going, the galant should be running by this weekend. Do you think it's going to be hard to find a hotel?

Stay in Milan, that's where I'm staying. I know the Quality Inn still has rooms.

GSX_TC

Quoting GreenGSX:
I am out of vacation days this year so I have to sneak out of work early on Friday and then make the 330 mile, 5.5hr drive to Norwalk. If I get there before 7pm I'll be lucky. So the Friday events for me will be limited to cruising around Friday night and just hanging out.

Action shots would be great and I would love to meet as many VR4 guys as I can so please come say hey when you see the car. The drag racing portion isn't going to be much for me. I might take the aero off I might not. But with a junkyard transmission and a 2-spider center diff I won't be launching the car so if it runs mid-12's I'll be happy.

Sunday I might do some test-n-tune or Bracket1 drag racing but that is just for show, and again, won't be anything special. Might line up that POS One Lap Evo X for a grudge race. That would be fun. I'd leave the aero on for that.

Then the plan is to hit the road back to New York in the afternoon.

Hope to see you guys there.

Tim

Tim,

I'll be Parked with cones beside me with signs made saying reserved parking for Galant VR4's that way no other cars park with us, last year 7 of us were out there, this year it's looking to be double that. Oh and if possible I would like to take pics of just my car and the one lap VR4 together at some point if that's ok with you? I believe Dsport magazine will be out there again covering this so they better get some footage of your car haha. I'll be staying at the all American inn but I plan to come by all the other places to see who all is around.

Cheers
Mike

GSX_TC

Quoting VR4_1752:

There's still a few rooms left at various hotels in the area, David Buschur said this year people can camp out at the track. So that's a plus if you have stuff to camp out with.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Mike, what's the details about camping out the track? Does it cost money, or just find a spot and post up? We booked a spot at Milan, but the track would be more convenient for obvious reasons.

If anyone want to stay at our campsite, its $15 extra for a tent and person/car. We only have one tent and car going so far, so there will be space.

GSX_TC

Im taking lunch right now, give me a few and il post up all the updated info, because he kept on updating and updating

GSX_TC

Ok I'm back, rather then me try to copy and paste everything, here click is the official thread that David Buschur made himself and keeps updating aswell. All the info is all the very first page.

LIV4PSI

Thanks for the link. We already reserved the campsite at Milan travel park, so I guess we're going to stick with it. I camp at the track for the NHRA race there, and its a damn good time. I wonder how the Shootout camping will compare. It would be nice to wake up and already be there. I didn't know Buschur was having a bon fire Friday night either, sounds interesting.

boostin4door

Looks like a good amount of GVR4's will be rolling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
Hopefully my schedule opens up and fund$ are available to go. Already have a room & the car has been running great all summer,so we'll see...

GSX_TC

Less then 3 weeks away!! I'm soo excited!! I can't wait for that 20+ hour drive. But dam its gonna be hard towards the end lol

GSX_TC

Looks like my girl ain't coming with me this year =( but I'm gonna take my friend Mandy and her daughter, should be fun plus I need Someone to keep me awake for that journey of a drive.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned