The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

20th Annual 2012 DSM/EVO Shootout Aug 17-19 Norwalk, Ohio

GSX_TC

Anything over 880's would be good. Picking the right injector depends on how hard you wanna push it. For instance if you were shooting for the 400awhp mark you would need atleast 1000cc's of injector and a good tune on link.

Redwood

ok yea that is what im shooting for might not make it all the way there but close is good with me for a street car... cool i think next week im goin to start pricing out all the stuff i think im goin to need to get for ruca...

Captn

This sounds like a great time, Only like a 7 hour drive for me.

I took off wok already haha, now it's all up to the wife...Oh and putting my car back together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Yeah same for me too, I can take off from both my jobs, I just hope I can swap my built motor in time for the shootout. Fingers crossed

GSX_TC

Nice, what are you going to do, the Dyno, autocross or drag?

James

I'll probably be there, but I'm flying up. Probably with a nice Sized jax/Orlando DSM group.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSX_TC:
Dyno, autocross or drag?

All of the above please! I really hope the autocross setup is better this year. It was super lame last year.

GSX_TC

Haha nice, can't wait to see it.

DR1665

Shootout's a great time. Pretty much a family reunion for me. I used to go every year, but I've started alternating to every other year. 20th anniversary will probably be epic, but this is the year I miss out. Couple ideas for the new guys, though...

BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOMS NOW. They don't charge your card until you check in, so call up and get the rooms booked now. They tend to sell out months in advance. When the Shootout comes to town, we fill up every hotel room for something like 50 miles in every direction. All the action happens in the north end of town, by Best Western, Econolodge, All-American Inn (where I always stay), but there used to be a smaller motel on the far side of town called the Norwalk Inn, which was quieter, less expensive, and equally close to the track. Figure out where you're staying now and make sure you've got rooms.

The hotels are going to be retardedly expensive. $50 for Thursday night, $150+ for Friday night, almost $200 for Saturday night, and maybe $75 for Sunday night, but split 3-4 ways, it's no big deal. (You spend WAY more on booze anyway.) That's how we roll.

Rather than trying to reserve parking spots everywhere, you guys ought to plan to meet up at a certain place/time in town and all roll to Buschur's and/or the track together. It's hard to do, with some people drinking until dawn and others staying in Milan or Sandusky, but it would make quite a statement if a dozen GVR4s rolled onto the scene in a caravan. Just a thought.

Maybe I'll get 195/2000 back together in time to make the drive in 2013. I've only missed the SO twice since something like 2003, but I've never made the drive. Need a co-driver to share in the fuel costs and share the driving. I just don't have enough vacation time available to spend a full week on the road around a weekend drinking in hotel parking lots. :p

5OF2k

Man, it'd be awesome to make this. BUT, i dont see it happening this year. That's a HELLUVA drive for me!

doggietom

I will be there with my girl friend, This is our 4th year, I'm not sure what dsm we will take we have 5 to choose from MAYBE 986/1000?¿

LIV4PSI

We need more GVR4s there, so definitely bring it!

GSX_TC

Hopefully me saying that I'm driving 20+ HOURS ONE WAY will motivate some others on here to make their drives to this thing.

doggietom

I'm not sure if the Gvr4 will be that trust worthy it had been someone's project since 09 and I just took it down the road the other day

jmelocik

Well if I can get this deal done and get the GVR4 before I get home from this deployment and it's in time to come up there I will definitely make the trip. Rolling into Buschur's with a caravan of GVR4s would be awesome! My wife is driving my Evo and I'm trying to find someone else to drive my '90 Talon. We shall see. I've had my room at the Motel 6 booked since November or early December. I'm trying to get there the afternoon of the 16th and then leave early(ish) monday morning. I'm not sure how far the Motel 6 is from the track or Buschur Racing but we should find somewhere to meet up and all roll in together. I hope to meet all of you there. I'm probably going to get a shirt made that says "Hi! I'm Josh, JMelocik on every forum I'm on."

Josh

GSX_TC

That would be pretty sweet if all the GVR4's rolled around in a huge pack everywhere. I'll be staying at the all American inn right near the track and most likely be cruising with my friend Zak in his 92 KG GVR4.

Anyone who would like to contact me during all this feel free to call or text me @ 713 534 2023 Mike

thecman02

Quoting GSX_TC:
Most likely Zak will be the only GVR4 running out there and aiming for 10's =)

I'd love to run a 10 but most likely will be somewhere in the 11's if I can drive even a little decent.

I'll probably be able to hangout dyno day, but saturday my car is getting flogged around in the Max Effort DSM OS class, and Sunday I might have to park with my sponsor/booth. If not I'll park my car with the other VR4's.

GSX_TC

Sweet, see ya there! I hope my car is running good enough to Dyno it on that Friday.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSX_TC:
Most likely Zak will be the only GVR4 running out there and aiming for 10's =)

I hated that there wasn't any GVR4s that even went down the track last year. I will be only running 12's, but I am bringing 1501 on a trailer just to make sure it makes a pass. We had the oil filter housing bolt come loose last year a few miles before our campsite. Thank goodness my friend Mark was like a ninja shutting the car off.

I'm saving my first pass for the shootout.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned