The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

20th Annual 2012 DSM/EVO Shootout Aug 17-19 Norwalk, Ohio

LIV4PSI

You have 3 cars listed in your profile, drive one of those two hoopty DSMs that you own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I am sure flying is out of the question, but if you flew into Columbus I would pick you up.

Last edited:

OldHairyBastard

I looked it up and it is not cheap. The $565.00 was the least expensive but didn't get you there till Sat. and the other was $810.00.

LIV4PSI

Leaving for Buschur's Dyno day here in an hour or two. I can't wait to join the swarm on Mitsu's around Norwalk!

matt92vr4

Everyone drive safe and have fun! Give some crap to my old roommate John Wigger "JohnTsi". He'll be there racing his 1G green talon with black rims and a chute.

Redwood

Who all has make it out tl the shootout. I have seen 4 galants. Mines not here but would be cool to meet up with w,ho ever is here

turbowop

I look for pics of GVR4's at the Shootout on various FB pages and find only one, on FIC's FB page. And it's hideous. Way to represent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

And this is something I'm not happy to see, especially to friends of mine:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

WTF man..

I shoulda been there for a better representation of GVR4's

And I can't believe what happened with that car, that was one of the faster ones last year.

onesickcrx

There were a few on the road course along with the onelap GVR4. There was a really fast GVR4 today trying to qualify for Q16 today... Not sure what let loose but it looked like it locked up the motor and shot parts out pretty hard and it was going like 130-140 when it did it. Someone picked up part of a aluminum rod it looked like.

Garage_Defeat

Leaving for Norwalk in a few hours in the RaceTuned "Street trim" White Galant VR-4.

-Dan

LIV4PSI

Quoting redwood:
Who all has make it out tl the shootout. I have seen 4 galants. Mines not here but would be cool to meet up with w,ho ever is here

I'm here in my GVR4, its white and the plate says OG EVO.

There is not many of us. Mine, a 92 white w/ a sunroof, two Belize Greens, two Kensington Greys, the One Lap car, and the CFT race car that puked up its aluminum rods. Oh, and we can't forget that blue thing Lofty owns.
The white one pictured above isn't really a VR4, its automatic and from Canada.

My pictures suck, but I have at least one of every VR4 here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:

GSX_TC

So how many VR4's were there altogether? 9?

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

A few more showed up today, so there were probably 10 or 11 total. No group pictures though, we were all too far spread out all of the parking lot. Mike, your car would have been the nicest one there by far.

GSX_TC

Dang so my idea of getting them all together wasn't even carried on? That sucks. Next year I'll get us all together again. I'll even have cones/signs saying "reserved parking for Galant VR4's" like I was planning on doing this year.

Last year I had to physically walk over to a few others to ask them to park together and after 3 were there, others naturally started tagging along as well.

So where are all the pics besides FIC's page?

LIV4PSI

We ended up parking in pairs of 2 or 3, I mentioned it to a few people but no one really stepped up and took the initiative.

D Sport did alot of coverage on the event. I lost the USB cord to my camera, so I will have to buy a new one before I can post anything. I only took a couple pics on my phone because it sucks so bad.

GreenGSX

I saw 4 other VR4's at the shootout this year. The crazy fast one from Florida, one at the autocross, and a pair of white ones. Then there was me. Wonder what I was doing?

GSX_TC

I really hope someone got some action shots/ video of the one lap VR4.

GreenGSX

Me too. It only did a quarter lap of the autocross before it blew apart a brake caliper bracket. After I fixed it with a spare bracket I did one parade lap around the course and broke the spare bracket. My weekend was done and I went into spectator mode. The guys who film the shootout go-pro'd the car for the parade lap and interviewed me afterwards. I was told I looked fast for the first 50 yards.

The funniest part of the whole thing, besides the photo, is John and Marco were on there way to see me autocross and as they drove by the course I was grinding to a halt right in front of them. John and Marco went and got a floor jack and some tools, helped push me off course so everyone else could keep going, and then joked around with me while I fixed it. Good guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned