The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

20th Annual 2012 DSM/EVO Shootout Aug 17-19 Norwalk, Ohio

GSX_TC

Quoting redwood:
nice well i plan on getting mine up in there somewhere near the one that made me have to get one.. and hopefully i will have got some mods done to ruca by then.

whats the one that made you get one?

Redwood

^^^^ mike i have told you this like 8 times now man...

this is the car i was talking aboot..

GSX_TC

Well forgive me for not remebering man, I got alot going on right now buddy. And thank you. It's nice to have been someones inspiration.

Redwood

lol yea for sure... i to get some work done on here by then so that she is not all stock by the time this event happens. and i have to say i love the sideways exhaust. and how it gets ppl going.. : )

GSX_TC

Lol yeah that muffler and all the crappy welds on the piping will eventually get replaced by nice stainless pipe with good welds and twin oem Lookin tips on the end.

I'll be doing my Front mount here soon in a few weeks. Pretty excited about that actually, I'll be sure to make a thread on it.

What all were you trying to do to yours before the shootout?

Redwood

i was think of getting a bigger turbo with a intercooler, injector, 3" all the way but try and keeper quite still, 5 lug swap/ big brake kit/ new wheels kinda like what u got as in the colors and look ish. probly intake and manifold as well. not sure what all until i start ordering stuff.. would like to get around 400 horses...

GSX_TC

Nice, thats alot more than what i plan to do. hope you can achieve all that in time man. a good turbo for making 400 to the wheels and not having to change alot of stuff would be an HTA68 from forced performance.

LIV4PSI

The HTA68 is a great turbo. Lots of us Subaru guys run them as well, although it won't make 400whp on an EJ engine like it can on a 4G63

Redwood

alright cool yea i havent really looked to much into what all im goin to get... biuld and bank first then ill start to buy stuff up... ill look into that turbo thanks.

GSX_TC

When your ready to look into it, here's the link click

transparentdsm

hey mike as the time gets closer and closer i would like to keep in touch to possibly have you save me a parking spot or two of thats something that can be done... so we can have some vr4' lined up... my brother in law should be getting one soon so if he does ill make him head out there too.. also my buddy should be coming in his 98 GSX... also i dont know about everyone else, but im totally staying like 35 minutes north at the indoor waterpark/hotel.... because it just sounded so awesome of an idea..

GSX_TC

Sounds good man, I'll make sure to save a bunch of spaces with cones or something next to my car.

Redwood

Quoting transparentdsm:
hey mike as the time gets closer and closer i would like to keep in touch to possibly have you save me a parking spot or two of thats something that can be done... so we can have some vr4' lined up... my brother in law should be getting one soon so if he does ill make him head out there too.. also my buddy should be coming in his 98 GSX... also i dont know about everyone else, but im totally staying like 35 minutes north at the indoor waterpark/hotel.... because it just sounded so awesome of an idea..

Man ur not going fo want to be at the track if you are goin to stay in a waterpark hotel.... lol. And thanks mike yea that is something i might have to get. What turbo is that a 20g or not didnt see it anywhere on the page. And yes im pretty pumped to bring my car out to this.

GSX_TC

That turbo was an 68HTA it out flows a standard 20G, its 47 pounds per minute.

transparentdsm

Quoting redwood:
Quoting transparentdsm:

Man ur not going fo want to be at the track if you are goin to stay in a waterpark hotel.... lol. And thanks mike yea that is something i might have to get. What turbo is that a 20g or not didnt see it anywhere on the page. And yes im pretty pumped to bring my car out to this.

hahaha your prolly right, but no matter what ill spend one day at the track and one day and the park and the 3rd day who knows.... maybe find a local or two and hit some nice turns up...

turbofonz

I'll be there. I'll likely have my Talon and be racing... but rolling down 10 hours each in the vr-4 with the a/c on sounds sooo much better.

GSX_TC

Take the VR4 man. I'll be driving 20 plus hours just one way with no a/c or power steering and I'm still going.

turbofonz

Well I've raced in stock appearing/stock turbo class for the last 4 years... but I don't think the Talon will have a stock appearing turbo this year... lol. Guess I'll wait till August and decide then.

Redwood

hell yea man i just might have to get one of them now that i looked into it a lil more.. do you no of what size injectors to run with that turbo???

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned