The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

180 groove or 360 groove rod bearings with spin pin

jnava

Staff member
I was looking at the various combos of rod bearings and I see that 360 groove has benefits but I have a spin pin on the rods. So the 360 groove wouldn't work right since it actually wouldn't benefit. Plus, I can't seem to find a manufacturer that sells bearings for rods with spin pin, not even ffwd has them. Machined Most likely?

Last edited:

BogusSVO

Are you wanting grooved bushings for the small end????

By spin pin, do you mean the wrist pin?

Or are you wanting a fully grooved rod bearing for the big end? It is not needed on the 4g crank since it is a cross drilled crank and every rod throw has 2 oil points.

Now if you are wanting to take down Magnus record of 1400HP then I can understand why you are looking for such things.

jnava

Staff member
No, spin pin for aluminum rods. Rod bearings would have to be drilled for the spin pin and I was wondering if there was someone offering that option and I have found that Jay Racing has that option of drilled rod bearings. I've contacted them but have not received a response. They have ACL trimetal with the drilled option.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned