The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

17x9 +24 Wheels

EMX5636

I forgot you had 40 series 18's H05TYL, and you can go a bit lower with DSM FWD front knuckles/spindles. The tie rod mount is slightly lower due to factory ride heights.

dc_style

i got flamed for posting my setup but it's similar. 17x9 +28 wheels, a mild stretch 215/50/17 dunlops and a slight roll. camber is a little off but you it doesn't seem like you'll need to run much to get them to fit.i'm also pretty low.

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

EMX5636

I don't think that looks bad! But I would go with a lower profile tire. I think a 225-45 would "look" nicer. How was your clearance in the rear to the trailing arm?

mitsuturbo

I wouldnt say that looks terrible, but it does look "sortaflush", since the tires are too small for the wheels. Seems like more headache than it's worth to run a wheel which doesn't fit properly, only to have to apply a tire which doesn't fit properly in order to get things to SOMEWHAT fit properly overall.

Yeah, 18s are a bit much. On lowering springs (1in) they wouldn't rub. But I'm on bc coils now (2in) still haven't adjusted from how they came. Ran for a few miles. Now it doesn't start...
They are hitting the fenders BTW.
I'm just trying to get the car running. Ideally I would like to sell them, because they are a bit much and run the factory sized tires I have on my oz rally wheels.
Work emotion BTW on bfg kdw rubber. Great condition!

fuel

lower profile tyres will fit that - the current ones look like balloons! barely looks like the sills of the car are any lower than factory despite wheels tucking up higher in the guards.

citymunky

Quoting dc_style:
i got flamed for posting my setup but it's similar. 17x9 +28 wheels, a mild stretch 215/50/17 dunlops and a slight roll. camber is a little off but you it doesn't seem like you'll need to run much to get them to fit.i'm also pretty low.

IMG_3586.jpg

That not too bad IMO. What rims are those?

Quoting fuel:
lower profile tyres will fit that - the current ones look like balloons! barely looks like the sills of the car are any lower than factory despite wheels tucking up higher in the guards.

The first picture has the doors silks, second only has the fender ones on.

coyotes

Been looking at various wheels for the future, would like to run a 17x9 +30ish with 245/40/17 tires. I have done wheel figment before so working to fit a setup isn't a problem, but this would be for track use and not for stance.

Just wondering how this would clear inner wheel wells and the suspension.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned