The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

17x9 +45 wheels... Will they fit?

JamesFoster

Hey guys, quick question. The wheels I want are Enkei RPF1's in gold. My dilemma is that they are only available in 17x9 +45 in gold, so what I need to know is, will they fit a galant, and will the offset look stupid? I don't want some super wide hellaflush crap, but I know a +35 17x8 looks perfect and I want to know how close this will look to that.

I don't want to have to run crazy camber, but I'm not scared to run a little bit. I will most likely run either 245 or 255 wide tires.

I know that I'll need coilovers, which is fine because I'm ordering some BC's this week, but I need to know if I'll have any other issues.

Last edited:

thecman02

I think you'll need to get a 5mm spacer in the rear. You might also have to modify the rear arm, but maybe not with the spacer.

GSTwithPSI

Way ahead of you bro...

click

click

I still haven't been able to positively determine if they will fit or not. I vote you try it and let me know. Hope all the info helps, as I am still debating this exact issue.

JamesFoster

I could paint a set, the main reason is I found a really good deal on a set of 17x9's with tires... Trying to save money over here.

Coilovers are ordered, I might just need to test fit a set and see how well it works.

FYI Mark, you car is my desktop background. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

curtis

Mark's hat size just grew 3 more inches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Lmao

EMX5636

Not without a lot of stretch and fender pulling. I test fit for shits and giggles a set of 18x10.5 20-25 offset and they are outside the fenders without -3* camber. My fenders are already rolled/pulled about 3/4" too.

If you want a pic of a 17x9.5, my buddy has a set on his Evo that I could probably test fit.

Last edited:

EMX5636

I'll see if I can get him over here today/tomorrow. He's running 255 tires, so they will rub, but you will get an idea of placement of the rim lip anyways. I would run 225-235's with a 9-9.5" wheel unless you are running stock ride height.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts