The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1500 + idle

MegaSuiter

I tested it like 4 different time! I will fo sho get a ohmmeter tomorrow and take it out and check it with power on. Is the o ring messed up most times when taken out?

WaRrIoRs16

Here is what your ISC should do when you turn the key. Good ISC & ISC drivers

Here is what it should not do. Faulty ISC System In this case, a couple of the ISC drivers were fried. After replacing the drivers, the ISC moved just like in the first video.

gramkrakr89

Quoting MegaSuiter:
Also the two nipples that come off the EGR valve on the pic you posted on my other thread...Is it okay if those aren't blocked and nothing leads to them. I mean they are just sitting there. I don't feel any vacuum from them, but just curious.

cap them off

WaRrIoRs16

ISC Drivers
img.php

The 47uF capacitor shown in the upper left hand corner of the above picture will leak and cause a short on the trace in the picture below. This causes the ISC drivers to blow.

Definitely check out the resistance on the ISC. Heres a video on how to do it. 4G63 ISC Testing

MegaSuiter

My check engine light just came on and my idle is starting to drop really low, almost stall, when I put it in nuetral from like 4k rpms.... Definitely ISC...

beaner

Sounds like a bad ECU now. Did you adjust the BISS like I suggested in the other thread to get the ISC somewhat in it's operating range?

gramkrakr89

pull the ECU and send it out - your ISC could be blown or shorted, which took out the drivers...

My galant ran fine with bad ISC drivers, I think your ECU just needs a general going over - it's not that expensive... mine had extensive cap leak damage and damage from a poor repair job - it works great now, after a good going over by professionals

MegaSuiter

FINALLY tested it. Dead coil between 5-6. If I leave it unplugged could i have maybe saved my ecu? i mean i know it could already be fried, but is there a chance?

stealthtt24

There's a chance but stop asking for advice and send the ecu for repairs. Do that and then replace the isc and sounds like you're good to go.

vtecds1

Your isc might be dead, but it doesnt really mean u fried the ecu. Check it out first before you send it out.

WaRrIoRs16

Just take a look at your ECU. You may not have to send it out for repairs. If the capacitors haven't been replaced, its not a difficult task. Also you can replace any ISC drivers that might have failed. If you had ISC drivers that failed, you may have a burnt trace that will require a repair or jumper wire like I did.

Pulling your ECU is easy and will probably put an end to the goose hunt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned