The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1226/2000

coyotes

Koyo radiator installed, new hoses, thermostat, OEM CTS. Coolant flushed. G would be proud.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

Quoting coyotes:
Koyo radiator installed, new hoses, thermostat, OEM CTS. Coolant flushed. G would be proud.

Pics or it never happened! hahaha

coyotes

well, was gonna mock up my FMIC but it's raining too hard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif no big deal.

coyotes

I am probably going to do my FMIC this time next week possibly, been having too much going on to focus on the car right now, and my week trip to Colorado is coming up soon too. It may wait until I get back. I am gonna pick up a Honda civic battery to run, I think I can fit it in next to the air filter, or on top of the transmission where the airbox brackets are. We'll see. Any recommendations on which batteries people are running? I don't want any super small gel style batteries, the car has to retain its daily driver status. I don't have subs or anything though, either.

Also looking for further recommendations on the next maintenance things to go through. I feel the FMIC is a good "maintenance" item considering the poor performance of the stock setup. Also will be good to clean up the engine bay and eliminate some redundant systems (read: vacuum lines) in there. I'll probably be removing cruise control while I'm in there.

Still waiting on my W2s too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I would just relocate a full size batt to the trunk.

coyotes

I can always go that route, I plan on replacing my battery anyway one way or another. Electrical work of any type terrifies me though, so I may have my Boeing electrical wizard friend do it for me. I'm really electrical stupid, believe me.

transparentdsm

Quoting coyotes:

Also looking for further recommendations on the next maintenance things to go through.

id go through and check every single bushing, bearing and brace. re-lube and replace what is needed drive it for a 2-3 weeks and see if anything else needs to be fixed up from there. fixing 1 problem usually causes another problem to arise.

i went to change out a wheel stud and now im doing every bushings, bearing and brace up front and im buying a shop press i can do do this for others.

coyotes

yeah when I go 5 lug I will probably do subframe bushings. I have drivetrain decel noise so I probably will do the driveshaft also. Most of my free cash is going to my spare motor right now, Evan at EHMotorsports is doing all the work and I'm glad I'm having him do it. He did Efinix's engine as well.

coyotes

I probably also will do some more work on the exhaust, it needs a new flex section and probably I will weld in a resonator to quiet it down a little. Fitment could be improved a little bit also but it is about 98% set. so I guess I have my work cut out for me for the next few months.

turbohf

I run a 151R battery. its for a Civic hybrid/Fit... you can fit 2 of them in the OEM battery tray. I just put it all the way to the fender and cut the rest of the battery tray off. maybe I'll go take a picture...

G

Staff member
Quoting coyotes:
Shiny

Looks nice, how did the radiator fit? How's your heat and coolant temp?

coyotes

100% perfect OEM fit. You can see my radiator mounts are a little worn out, but I can deal with that another time. I may do the window seal "mod" to fix em back up again.

Heat still roasts the cabin, no overheating issues before or after. I don't have a water temp gauge to tell you what the actual number is, but the car runs and drives as before. All new coolant, after install I had a shop pump everything out and fill with new. Has new thermostat and OEM CTS. I noticed the wires are a bit brittle down there so I will replace them at some point.

coyotes

in other good news I had an interview today at my company for a promotion, went really well! I'm pretty sure I got the job, but I have a second interview coming up to show me off to my boss's boss's boss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif just a formality pretty much, but wish me luck! the 15-20% pay raise would be pretty nice.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts