The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1226/2000

G

Staff member
Ha nice, that's the same condition my vr4 is in, I bought in Oregon. Save that exhaust, it's worth some $ to cats in the rust belt. Just carefully separate it at the joints for easier storage.

coyotes

Bought some 235/40/17 Federal RS-R tires for my Evo wheels. Also bought a koyo replacement radiator and a FMIC kit with GM MAF and translator.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Getting new wheel bearings up front for my 5 lug conversion as well.

Last edited:

turbohf

translator ftw

you should buy my ecmlink.

transparentdsm

im not a fan of the translator, you have to retune it when the temp changes and if you change altitudes. i mean when it works its nice, but from my experience somewhat inconsistent and like i said you need to retune it for different conditions, well depending on the version. mine was a 2.01 i think.

turbohf

yeah I was being sarcastic. I don't ever travel too far so I don't know on the elevation changes. I keep being told its solid and it works. but it sure seems to have gaps when tuning. I got mine solid idle, cruise, mid... gets above 10psi or wot it falls on its face. just pegs full rich lol.
but its the only thing my car seems to like.

coyotes

I don't know anything about them to be honest or how to tune them. I may just run with the stock MAF for the meantime and switch to that later. My car is all stock, save for an exhaust and soon this FMIC setup, so it doesn't really seem necessary just yet.

turbohf

you can run blow threw....and then you can vent your bov /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

coyotes

I feel like my car has a bit of a hot start issue sometimes, perhaps when it's warmer out (it's been over 50 lately).

It starts fine on first crank, but when the car is warmed up and I park, then try to start again it will die again. I can start it back up, but I have to rev it and it runs rough. Once I put it in gear and start driving it though, it's fine. just that first time idling it won't stay running. Feels to me like a vapor lock issue? Also it has a high idle upon first startup.

coyotes

Yeah I will look into those. I got a new radiator, gonna do that, new hoses, new coolant temp sensor with it also.

I spend a few hours today and clay barred the car TWICE. Did it once, was still disgusting so did it again. Demolished a clay bar. I am going to buff and wax it tomorrow since i ran out of light. Pulled so much dirt out of the paint, it should look real nice when it's done.

transparentdsm

im going to be doing this also, but a lot closer to shootout time. i want the car to look as good as it can cosmetically without changing anything.

edit: i might have the hood fixed and painted before the shootout

Last edited:

coyotes

clay bar makes a huge difference, they can pull so much crap out of your paint. I don't know what my car looks like now, it got dark and it has the clay bar residue on it still. I'm gonna wash it again tomorrow, maybe clay bar AGAIN, and then gonna buff and wax .I'll try to get some pics up.

coyotes

Got stuck working on my friend's turbo volvo today, ran out of light again to detail the VR4. Hopefully tomorrow!

Also I got my tires in, gonna get them mounted up on the wheels tomorrow. if I have time maybe I will prep and paint the wheels after.

CutlassJim

Quoting coyotes:
No idea, it's motorized faceplate. I like it ok, but there's no aux input on the front which sucks.

First world problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I think 935 has the same deck actually. Never been a fan of Alpine stuff.

coyotes

Ordered:

upper and lower radiator hoses
OEM coolant temperature sensor
thermostat

hopefully gonna all go in next week with my Koyo radiator.

G

Staff member
Make sure and flush it really good. Get all the old fluid out of the engine.

coyotes

Will do.

I'm detailing my car right now finally, between coats at the moment. The best part about cleaning up your car is you get to see how screwed up your paint really is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif oh well, not bad for as old as it is.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts