The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The build of 1078. Yes it's auto swapped, no I'm not sorry.

Boost4U

Usual stuff time, money, lazy. I get discouraged easily.

Boost4U

Little update. I got some work done on 1078. Even with 2nd degree burns on my dominant hand I still managed to get the intake, throttle body, throttle body elbow, exhaust mani, 16g, non cruise cable, injectors, fuel rail, abs delete and started bleeding brake lines... In less than an hour Here's the pics.
c1e35f0b.jpg

26db3ff6.jpg

stealthtt24

Looks good! Thats what I call motivation. I cant wait to see the auto swap complete, I wonder how hard that would be....

Boost4U

Quoting stealthtt24:
Looks good! Thats what I call motivation. I cant wait to see the auto swap complete, I wonder how hard that would be....

It's not difficult just a lengthy process if you want it all to look right. I don't want it to look like a hacked up swap. I want a clean stock appearing dd. I have to pull the rear end back out and put new seals in it, they are leaking.

Boost4U

The only auto mount I used was the trans mount. I was running the kiggly mod but I have an EPROM tcu with a wiring harness to hook into the vr4. Then I will have a chip burnt for it. Then there's no rpm matching that I have to do for down shifts at 100% line pressure. That is a jarring experience.

Nate

Who's burning the chip?

I'm torn - I'm tired of rebuilding manual trannies, and I have a 92 auto Tsi donor car just sitting here, although I will probably have to rebuild my first auto before the trans would go into the maroon car. I would probably want to swap some wiring in, so I could just put it into Duh if I felt like it.

Then I'll get to learn about all of the auto headaches. Converter, shift kit, etc. Yay! At least it will be something different.

Boost4U

This guy out here in va named Dave Katz. He's the man as far as tuning goes. He tunes everything. You can make a lot of power on a stock auto. It's fun to drive an auto dsm. Especially if it make decent power.

IncorpoRatedX

hah, dave katz, havent heard that name since... dsmetc was around.

Boost4U

Thanks Cherrod. For those who don't know I'm building my track car right now too. Heres a little pic of the progress I made last night on the vr4 and the race car.
16g installed
ab101a61.jpg

Track car this was the donor for the vr4's turbo setup and whatnot.
97c7ba09-1-1.jpg

f02167e6.jpg

Fp green precision 1200s magnus intake meth injection v3 etc etc.

Boost4U

Bringing this back from the dead... Got the car running and drive it last night! I feel so relieved that it's together and drivable. Just need some tags and I'm in business. Here's a startup video only 14 seconds long but you get the point. Only thing not stock is head studs cams and head gasket. And I agree the tailpipe is hideous it will be changed.

click

Boost4U

DONE!!!!

A big thanks goes out to my friend Tracy and a lot of other people on this one.

476edb79.jpg

65b26854.jpg

8dfe2cbb.jpg

18e72950.jpg

citymunky

Nice, thats one more Hampton Roads GVR-4 up and running. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned