The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New from South Carolina!

turboneon

About to go pick up my first gvr4 on friday! Cant wait! I have a question. Is it impossible to find fog lights for a 91 gvr4? I can not find them anywhere!

thanks in advance guys and looks like ill be here a lot!

Jake

MellowVR4

I know a friend that has one, not sure which side. I might have one side but not sure what I have lol

turboneon

yes i did! got the ets front mount for it and finally got it running good today! On the last test run shifter stuck into gear and i had to ride back in first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif anyone know if there's a kit that relocates the shifter cables or are my shifter cables bad? it seems as if the front mount pipe (2" pipe on ets) is interfering with the cables and today was the day it decided to give up.. If anyone has any feedback on this i would greatly appreciate some direction. I guess i might need to make a new thread on this huh haha.

either way thanks and im enjoying the vr4 so far!!!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
No relocation kit that I know of. You have to just correct the interference.

turboneon

do you think a throttle body spacer would give me the clearance? also which tb space is good? P2R is the only one i found so far. thanks for the reply!

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

Welcome. THIS picture from ETS website shows plenty of clearance. Notice the blue coupling they are using is longer than yours, which appears to move the other pipe further west. Maybe you can loosen the coupling to adjust the two pipes enough to give you the .25" you need to clear the shifter. If you have one, a slightly longer coupling should do the trick.

turboneon

i feel like my initial bend coming out of the tb is a lot steeper angle than that pipe is. all the pipes are super tight right there. its almost pipe to pipe if that makes sense. i will try to adjust some more but i did order a throttle body spacer from power rev racing i hope it doesn't give any extra troubles haha

holeshotmoe

I see what you mean, though the angles of the pictures are different. Did you just pick up that kit from ETS? If so, I would send them a picture and ask if they can explain why when the two pipes are connected the one is right up against the shift arm. It is possible they got the flange angle wrong when they welded the TB piece. Never saw that issue with these kits before.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts