The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 97 of 2000

Hey Guys,

I Picked up 97 out of 2000 a few weeks ago. I drove all the way out to Ohio to pick her up and trailer the car back to NY. What a pain to get the car though took 3 hours to get it on the trailer due to no key and a flat tire. I have owned a few DSMs over the years first venture in a GVR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The car has been sitting several years since the engine was rebuilt with stock rebuild parts. Guy before me used topline pistons mitsu metal HG, mitsu oil pump. The car fired over like a champ the other night after some bad starter motor issues and a couple of missing wires, but the car doesnt stay running. I'm pretty sure the TPS isnt calibrated correctly. The caps in the ecu have been replaced and its a eprom ecu as well. I also have to rebuild or find a new master break cylinder as that looks like it has leaked out the fluid over the break booster. Another small issue I'm having is getting the alternator bracket to line up to the alternator with the power steering pump on, the bolt seems to be too short. I was wondering if the GVR4's are different then 1g? I will try a longer bolt and maybe a washer or nut in between. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks in advance

GSX_TC

Welcome aboard man, I believe the alt bracket is the same however the alternator itself is different from a normal Dsm one. The VR4 alt is a 90 amp as opposed to the 75 amp Dsm one. Be sure to post some pics of your car and read this click and this click

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

I figured out the bracket issue was very simple. I just was trying to attach the bracket to the motor mount instead of the water pump my buddy repeatedly told me what a moron i was... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Drained the gas out of the car last night and replaced with fresh 93. The car seems to run minus needing a coolant temperature sensor. I need to get a new break master cylinder and replace the fuel tank filler neck as that is now leaking. Thanks to JNZ i should have the filler neck fixed next week. I will take some pictures tonight if its light out when i get home and upload them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned