The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

near-future GVR-4 owner....

DynastyLCD

i cant wait. i found my GVR-4.... belize green, no sunroof, just a shell. exactly what i wanted. has some basic goodies, 2 piston front calipers, t/e/l shifter & steering wheel, new cables, evo 8 shift knob, leather boot, clean shell with 190k. no rust behind the rear doors, frame rails, engine area, everything checked out. I CANT WAIT!!!! forgot to check the number, i know its a 91 so its xxxx/2000. was owned by a reputable DSM'r up here in good old CT. so i had a few questions pertaining... vehicle has ABS - can i use the lines/prop valve from a 1g? i was told yes. also, the owner told me a 1g short route FMIC would work properly. is this true? im ready to plunge into the galant scene, ive owned almost every other 4g63 native or swapped powered vehicle (multiple 1gs, a 2g, an 89 mirage turbo, even got a mighty max i now plan to swap) and its funny because the first DSM or first car 4g63 powered i found was a belize green GVR4. so give me some insight people... get me all amped up to put my GSX setup into the GVR-4. i already cant wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AWDnoobie

Congrats on the gvr4. From what ive read on the forums, the non 1g abs prop valve will work, but the bias is wrong for the vr4. And you can use the lines from a non abs fwd 1g also.

DR1665

Welcome to the fray. Swap the goodies out of the DSM into the purebred, tag it "EVO WUT" and call it a day.

DynastyLCD

shes gettin the 3052 setup... made 400whp in the eclipse. then soon selling the vpc/gcc and 680's for v3 and 1000cc's. cant wait!

i thought the fwd and awd 1g brake lines up front on a non abs were the same?? what prop valve do i use if the 1g one is the wrong bias? i dont wanna keep abs i do want to delete it asap.

conquesttsi

The 1g prop valve is fine and the lines are a direct fit. n/a and turbo non abs valve is the same part. The weight on the cars is close and so is the bias. If you are that concerned about the bias you can find a prop valve from a non turbo galant in the same body style, the DSM valves are much much easier to come by.

DynastyLCD

thanks for the tip justin! we gotta get together for a photoshoot when mines done! hows your white one?

i went and saw her again tonight. 1595/2000... i completely forgot to check the number last time i saw it. couldnt be happier to have this in my future possesion.

conquesttsi

You're welcome.

The hard rear brake lines rotted in winter storage and I haven't driven it all season because I can't fix them myself and they are too deformed to send off to classic tube to clone. I posted a wtb here but have no leads. Might have to bring it to a shop.

I really do still want to get the cars together though.

Glad to hear it's got the badge still...This is awesome, I'm excited for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned