The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Be Careful Guys....

Gordian79

So heres the story of people desperate to scam and make money.I put a wtb add here for a forester dsm intake manifold.Im thinking ive never had a problem with anyone on here and people are honest for the most part.Im looking for something very specific and old(FRH Intake).About a week after the post i get an email from a guy that says he has a forester intake.Im like cool send me a pic,price and where are you located.He sends me pic and its for a subaru forester and price is 220gbp whatever that is.never tells me where hes from.I reply that maybe i wasnt too clear on what i was looking for.I told him i was looking for a forester racing heads 4g63 intake.He then replies with a picture of a frh manifold.I found this very weird and google frh manifolds and low and behold i found a fs add from 2005 from tampa racing forum and it was the same picture he sent me.I told him to send me another pic with a piece of paper with my email on it and he never responded.Im like sh*t people go as far as trolling forums looking at wtb adds smh what has this world come to.

DR1665

What has this world come to? Unfortunately, it's come to a lot of mental midgets who can't put 2 and 2 together like you did. Stuff like this wouldn't so common if there weren't so many greedy mouth-breathers out there. One born every minute.

Just another reason why legit gearheads are a breed apart.

broxma

I am going to admit, if you post an add looking for a "Forester Intake", I'm thinking Subaru. Hence my reply to your post. Ignoring the part about the attempted scam and all, Forester=Subaru in my book.

/brox

Hertz

Staff member
If you want to make a difference you need to share some information with us so that we can fight back. This isn't a headless corporate site. This is member run and member supported. But you might notice that the staff doesn't post WTB so we won't see this.

Post up some emails, screen names, etc.

fwiw gbp should have been the red flag... Unless I'm mistaken that stands for Great britan pound (or similar)... In other words foreign currency...

same thing happened to me I posted a wtb good condition working power antenna and some guy sent me a weird email
about having the part etc etc after taking one look at the european area code attached I just deleted it....

GSX_TC

thank god, thats where alot of these scammers get their prey from

GSX_TC

yep, half the time i would post WTB stuff i get these dudes from overseas tryin to scam me

Last edited:

GSX_TC

yes because they wouldnt reply back when you asked them details like that

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts