The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Starting problem...

SleepinGVR4

It started last night after driving through the heaviest rain ever. Got to where I was going and my car stalled and wouldn't restart. I had power and fuel, the engine just wouldn't crank over. After letting the car sit for a while it started back up and I was able to drive it home. And then it did it again today, started it up drove down the street and turned the car off and it wouldn't start. Two guys were nice enough to push me so I could pop start it and I was able to drive home. Once I got home, I turned the car off and tried to restart it. Wouldn't start.

I figured I got something wet that shouldn't of gotten wet. Any ideas?

Nabeel

I expect the engine temp. sensor or boost leak or the maf. If it is not your lucky day then the ECU. Are you hearing any tik tik voice coming from the ECU side(passenger side)?
Any how try to get a logger. It will save you alot of time.

OMFGeofffff

So it won't crank at all? Sounds like your starter might be locked up or something? Check out the wiring on it and then try tapping on it with a hammer while someones trying to crank it over.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting Nabeel:
I expect the engine temp. sensor or boost leak or the maf. If it is not your lucky day then the ECU. Are you hearing any tik tik voice coming from the ECU side(passenger side)?
Any how try to get a logger. It will save you alot of time.

No ticking from ecu. I have dsm link so I don't need a logger.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting OMFGeofffff:
So it won't crank at all? Sounds like your starter might be locked up or something? Check out the wiring on it and then try tapping on it with a hammer while someones trying to crank it over.

Thats what I thought but my buddy said my air filter could of gotten wet and causing moisture to get to the MAFS.

So I'll probably check that first.

donkeylips

Very different conditions cause the car to not crank vs. cranking and not starting.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned