The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car won't run after first drive

Mine isn't a warm start hesitation, it just literally won't warm start. I did read about it being an issue with the fuel pressure solenoid being removed cause issues with warm starts, but not complete faiure to do so. Haven't tried since I got everything adjusted, but hopefully it'll get better. The fact that the engines been sitting for the better part of 2 years and only has ~150 miles since the head was rebuilt probably doesn't help.

prove_it

Get a datalogger on it so you can see what the ecu sees. A complete no start when hot is way different. You could be facing heat soak in the ignition transistor or coil packs, or even an injector/pump leaking down and a vapor lock occurance in the rail once the fuel is depressurized. Checking the sensor values will help to figure that out, plus a fuel pressure tester may be needed.

Still working on sourcing a datalogger. Parents are still trying to find sister's old palm. Its getting spark so doubt its the coil pack heat soaking (and I stole it out of my roommates perfectly running laser, so it had no prior issues). Possible on fuel vapor in rail. System no longer has check valve at the pump (didn't have one when I got it) so it does depressurize when the car is shut off. Already noted that as the cause that it doesn't get moving much for the first couple seconds of cranking. Never really considered the potential vaporization issue of it.

prove_it

The rail sits on top a hot engine after driving it, I bet that could be an issue for you. Fuel systems need to be kept under pressure to prevent vapor lock. Missing your check valve would do so.

That makes sense. Hadn't realy thought of it much. Anyone know the part # for check valve? Got a few things to order from JNZ so probably just add it to the list.

Picked up a check valve (that came attached to a spare pump) as well as a bunch of other spare parts off of a friends friend who's getting out of DSMs. Going to install it today and see how it effects the hot start issue. Still working on getting data logger.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned