The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fender flares?

does anybody know if anybody makes aftermarket wide fender flares for the galant VR4? i put on some 17x9's on the galant and the it sticks out a bit especially having 245/45/17 tires on them. i can probably remedy that a bit by getting 235/40/17 tires to make them go in a bit and put the camber negative a bit.

if anybody knows the answer to the wide fenders or some kind of UNIVERSAL flares that they did before to their VR4 please let me know i awould greatly appreciate it...

Thanks MARC

email me at [email protected] or here thanks
img.php

img.php

Sr71sss

try some Zg 240Z flares, they would give the car some aggressive attitude with the rivet/screw on holes

check out hybridz.org site to find those flares.

turbowop

17x9 and you're only running 245's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif How about you remedy the situation by running 17x8's instead. My 245's fit under the fenders just fine.

Last edited:

curtis

Quoting 91VR4_657_2000:

img.php

img.php

Cause my old eyes can't see thumbnails

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Makes me feel even older looking at those blowups.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting curtis:
Quoting 91VR4_657_2000:

img.php

img.php

Cause my old eyes can't see thumbnails

HAHAHAHA!!! Priceless.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsuturbo

Look. I'm just going to be blunt here.

I think fender flares are for ricers.
That being said... if you're making north of 600awhp in a car that can hang with porsches and ferraris on tracks like Watkin's Glen and Nurburgring, then i can see how an exception to such faggotry would be in order.

Otherwise... It's like low riders, huge jacked up trucks, and shitty 80's domestics with HYOOOOOJ wheels; It's cool and all, and i don't mind seeing it... it's just NOT FOR ME. Im of the opinion that if a 9second gvr4 didn't need it... i sure as hell don't. (and neither do you)

Andy_S

Quoting mitsuturbo:

That being said... if you're making north of 600awhp in a car that can hang with porsches and ferraris on tracks like Watkin's Glen and Nurburgring, then i can see how an exception to such faggotry would be in order.

Otherwise... It's like low riders, huge jacked up trucks, and shitty 80's domestics with HYOOOOOJ wheels; It's cool and all, and i don't mind seeing it... it's just NOT FOR ME. Im of the opinion that if a 9second gvr4 didn't need it... i sure as hell don't. (and neither do you)

If the wheels don't fit under the fenders, use flares. Its that simple.

cheekychimp

^^^ That's true, but to do it properly, you are supposed to cut out the existing wheel arch and use the flares to extend it wider so that you retain suspension travel and eliminate any tyre rub/damage. Here, you are talking about an aftermarket flare simply stuck over the existing bodywork. It might serve to get you through inspection since the tyres would no longer protrude outside the fender designed to enclose them (assuming that is a road worthiness issue as it is here in Hong Kong); but it means you forever have to live with 2" of suspension travel (if that) and run super hard suspension to avoid ripping the hell out of the tyres on every bump. That's not a solution in my opinion. Do the flares properly and rice or not you will have my respect, but sticking on some plastic band aid to hide a poor choice of rim fitment ... sorry that's no better than the hella flush it is trying to camouflage.

mitsuturbo

Quoting Andy_S:
Quoting mitsuturbo:

If the wheels don't fit under the fenders, use flares. Its that simple.

Don't waste money on sh*t that doesn't fit and your car doesn't need in order to perform better. It's that simple.

G

Staff member

mitsuturbo

^^^^^ LoL!

Comments include

DOPE!
FRESH!
BANGIN'!
HARD!
SICK!
SUPAFRESH!

Last edited:

turbowop

My personal favorite by "phattest":

h4t3rs jus hatin…
car is hella sick

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned