The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Proud new owner of #901/2000 need help on what mods to do next

ExplicitCC

What's up guys, I'm the proud owner of #901/2000 I was looking for a while and even had plans to fly to oregon, colorado, Georgia, and other states to drive one back, but one lucky day, a post came up from a nice guy 10 minutes away from my house and after negotiation here we are with 901 it came with Evo8 head job (just done by previous owner with timing belt)
big16g
Walbro 255
new act 2100 clutch
forged recirculating valve
And I went out and did a
big front mount with custom 2 1/2" piping
3"down pipe
fp exhaust manifold
Evo3 o2 housing
3"exhaust with magnaflow muffler
Evo3 koyo radiator
Accel plug wires (got the red ones lol)
MBC (can't use due to the 1g maf)
I have a 3g maf but won't install till I get the DSM link, but here is where I don't know what to do next in order to get the DSM link I need to know what injectors to get, so I'm not sure, my goal is a 450hp daily driver, I don't want E85 because I drive to Mexico a lot and it's imposible to get there, so I guess the questions are:
1-What size injectors do I need for my goal?
2-Is a gm maft needed for my goal? Or does my 3g maf work?
3-Am I missing anything else I mite need?
I did most the maintenance on it, Ams oil change, ams oil in trany, transfer case and diff, air filter, fuel filter, timing belt just done, please feel free to add maintenance I mite need or mods, thanks for your help, more pics to come

gvr4144

Very clean... you'll need a bigger turbo to achieve that goal thats what im going through now ditching the 16g and from what ive read you'll need atleast 680cc injectors but id go bigger like 780's

jnava

Staff member
Since you're going to buy link, just go big once and no need to pull and sell to get bigger injectors. Second, as previously mentioned before, get a bigger turbo. 68hta is a decent turbo. Third, if you already have a 3g maf, you'll need a 3g maf to 1g plug. We do have a resident member who can sell you this product. Last, to make it all work, Link will help you use these items and make them work in harmony.

Jesus_Negros

Two NB GVR4's in Lake Elsinore now

ExplicitCC

I thought I saw one but wasn't sure, glad to see I'm not the only crazy one in this town

ExplicitCC

Just made a deal for some 950's so I hope that's big enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

JamesFoster

Hey Laz, good meeting you yesterday.. Hit me up when you want to work on the Galant!

Mr_Fielgood

Oh sh*t! ^^^^^^^ You got to meet James Foster & check out his Galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Jesus_Negros

I'm pretty sure I saw James in AutoZone on Friday buying "chrome" accessories for his VR4.

vr4g63

You might consider cams, probably 272s. They will cause a lumpy idle and you will loose some low RPM grunt, but the payout is big gains on the top end. Why can't you use a MBC with the 1G MAS (I do)? Granted, you will definitely want to upgrade for your 450HP goal, but there's no reason you can't use a MBC now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned