The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

under seat tray (anyone ever see one)

misterfixit

a factory fitment from mitsu. but not on all models, just the more plush ones
its just the right size for a cd shuttle!

rich

Last edited:

Sr71sss

my '88 galant sigma has one under the pass seat only and could check to see if they can be retrofitted to the vr4, my '88 is very rare and I've had 2 in the last year or so, don't know if the base model '88 galant comes with them since my sigma is the v6 model including the electropneumatic height adj suspension!! I will post pic up soon.

conrad
antioch,ca

4g63t

I found one in a junk yard years ago on an 88 (i think) galant. I took the little bracket/slide things too. Unfortunatly, the vr4 does not have the exact holes for the brackets to mount up. IIRC, I had to drill holes for one of the brackets. No big deal.

Quote:
I found one in a junk yard years ago on an 88 (i think) galant. I took the little bracket/slide things too. Unfortunatly, the vr4 does not have the exact holes for the brackets to mount up. IIRC, I had to drill holes for one of the brackets. No big deal.

this one i got bolted right up.

ehaab

The under seat tray..

Thats how much space there is..2 of them can fit in there..
well..one on top of each other..

The part No.

that is what i was using mine in the colt for. spare ecu's...
you never know when you'll need one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

G

Staff member
A dealer may show it, but when they go to order it it will come up as backorder or nla.

89Mirageman

These things are in the junkyards. The early Colt wagons have them as well. I have one with the brackets somewhere if I can dig it up. PM me if interested and I'll find it and take some pics.

Luke

89Mirageman: I will buy it from you if you still have it :)

89Mirageman

One other guy is interested and I am waiting to hear back from him. This one came from a late 80's / early 90's Colt wagon that I found in the junkyard in perfect shape. It doesn't look exactly like the other one pictured as mine doesn't have the grooves in the bottom for tapes or whatever but it should still fit fine.

I am looking to get $20 plus $8 for shipping and paypal fees which I think is fair. I probably shouldn't sell it but I don't have anything to put it in at the moment. If the other deal falls through I'll be sure to let you know.

Luke

I would appreciate it if the buyer could post whether or not the one from Colt would fit in our car.

Last edited:

Unbelievable late answer(sorry for that), but the one from the colt won't fit. Almost every luxery version of the 6th gen Galant(GLSi and GTi) in europe has one of those trays. If there's any interest, i could keep my eyes out for this, when i go to the junkyard in about 2/3 months?

mountaineerjeff

who wants to make a carbon fiber one

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned