The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

y?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifwhy do people take out the four wheel drive steering? and change to a 5 lug?

slobra

More wheel selection, they are stronger and they give the ability to disable abs.

Polish

Nope, you can keep 4 lug and ditch it.

4WS is worthless and heavy thus people remove it.

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

The reason why some eliminate the 4ws is because they can't find the lines anymore so its easier just to get rid of it. A lot of guys that road race or autox don't like the way the car handles with 4ws. When you swap in a 4 bolt rear with a subframe from a dsm its easier to get rid of the 4ws. Weight reduction is another reason.
As far as the 5lug swap goes its because of a better wheel selection. More wheels available in 5lug than in 4. Also more brake setups available.

And since you're new on the website you don't need to make a new post every time you have a question. Try consolidating all your questions in one post so others on here could help you out. Welcome on board.

Last edited:

Terry Posten

And please make a better (descriptive) title.

If I see more of these sorts of titles, I will recycle the post.

Thank you.

gmp

wow welcome matt bout time ass! You can keep or get rid of abs witha few different options. With you drive line issues i would just do what i did, and find a 4 bolt lsd for the rearend. Get rid of that aws and abs in one shot dont get me wrong aws is pretty cool but if you want to have something stronger and well better performing lets do the 4 bolt lsd....

You know you can have the strength of the 4 bolt and still have 4ws right?

I really don't mind 4ws at all. I'll keep it in as long as possible.

gmp

true 4 bolt aws is a pretty sweet set up but as for mtb doing it means i have to help and im lazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif hahahahahah

Gimpin

my reason for switching to 5 lug is because I had 2 stripped wheel studs and it was easier to swap all 4 corners to 5 lug than to replace 2 wheel studs on the 4 lug

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned