The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

so ive had my car for sale.

i jsut bought a 95 powerstroke dually. and have had my GVR4 for sale locally for a few weeks. well long story short i got used to the insane torque of the PSD but zero top end. i decided i wanted to dust the cobwebs and take out the vr4 for a day.... that was a week ago and now my truck has been sitting. i love this car all over again, even the grinding transmission. i am so anxious to build it im even considering tapping into my wedding fund to paint, it and pull the motor for a 100% rebuild and bigger turbo.... ohhhh how i love these f***ing cars!

Barnes

Tap your wedding fund?? Please tell me you aren't serious.

yes i am. im getting married in 14 months, thats plenty of time to fill it back up. i already paid half of it off, the remainder of the fund is for alcohol and a dj. problem is drinking is in the family. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dewman

bah. who needs an extravagant wedding an honeymoon when you can just as easily go the justice of the piece an rent a redbox movie

curtis

Just build both.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I got a new powerstroke upgrade holset in the shop for said truck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

alansupra94

If you need some help, lemme know. I am in the process of actually tuning my Galant VR4 on AEM EMS. Just wish I could get a good basemap to start with.

thanks guys. curtis. my PSD had swamps injectors, 17* HPOP ATS 5 clutch torque converter, fully rebuild trans with a bullydog shift kit in it (which isnt bad at all for what it cost) and a ts performance 6 way chip. and a 4 inch exhaust toa 5 inch mitre cut stack that rolls coal like a SOB. that truck is naughty. but theres jsut soemething about the GVR4 that has that all the torque in the diesel cant make up for.... its called love. i lvoe my car and that is enough for anyone to wanna keep what they love. the truck is moreso a toy and it looks like that will change when the galant goes under the knife. but firstly i must take care of the trans issue and a few other dumb things before i put any real money into the gvr4. it has a ton done to it and has alot of love. it needs more to get to where it deserves to be.

alan thanks alot man, but i cant even tune my car as im on an apexi safc with no wideband. i did a rough stret tune using my datalogger but i must get on the ball and get a wideband to get it really tuned. i was thinking of dsmap as a few buddies i know run it with astounding results.

heres a quick shot of my truck for you curtis. i got it for 5k. from houston texas. 3 days after i got it the trans went. thats when i went all out on rebuilding it and the injectors and stuff.

2623491_8dc46022-d014-4cf9-b0e5-3220f61543a7.jpg

RedTwo

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif
*insert theme from Love Boat*
That's huge! Do you wear a captains hat or an eye patch and a parrot on your shoulder when you command that vessel? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Overkill

I love my 1995 F250 Powerstroke, but if you want top-end get a crotch rocket. lol

alansupra94

Quoting RichHenry:
heres a quick shot of my truck for you curtis. i got it for 5k. from houston texas. 3 days after i got it the trans went. thats when i went all out on rebuilding it and the injectors and stuff.

2623491_8dc46022-d014-4cf9-b0e5-3220f61543a7.jpg

Well you are in luck with DSMAP as I have learned how to tune it from the creator himself (Hak). Really nice and stand up guy.

dsmless

I love my crotch rocket but theres something that makes you feel like the "man" when your in a biggo truck like that, "get outta my way" comes to mind

2of9

badass but i HATED rotating/replacing tires on those dually's.

moidsm1

This could be your future, I say you can do anything married people can do without being married. Kids, House, nasty inlaws, blah blah blah.

Very Sad

desant78

dude i saw you driving the other day in woodbury....not that im creepin or anything

mpt72

First, that thing is a land yacht. Second, I got married for 130$. 5.5 years later and no regrets. Nice truck.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned