The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sell my car?

This is an idea that's been kicked around in my head for a bit. I think I want something different, and I mean really different. I know that VR4's are different already, but I have the urge to build a RWD 4G63 project. I have a car that is well setup, nearly completely rebuilt (mechanically), and could be driven daily by the new owner. I just don't know in the current economy if I could get a decent price for my car. Plus I really do like my car. I also, however, am getting tired of manual trans cars. Maybe I'm just getting old. That idea of an auto-backed 4Gxx pickup seems like fun. Plus I would fly even further under the radar when the occassional race would come my way. I don't know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

Dont do it man, you'll always be like one of those dudes that say, man i miss my VR4 wish i didnt sell it. 1. if it runs fine, and 2. is paid off, then theres no reason to sell it man. if you wanna do a 4G63 swapped RWD Starion project, then go ahead but do you really have to get rid of the VR4 just to get something else?? sorry if im coming off as offensive but its just that i hate seeing these cars get sold and overlooked. these cars arent gonna be around forever ya know and should be taken more seriously by their owners. these cars are a piece of Mitsubishi History. I will never sell mine I'll tell you that much.

Brunoboy

this car is only "rare" here in the US........Do what you gotta do, Weve seen the some of the older Gens go, and pass these cars to the newbs, and at some point or another the next generation Gvr4 owners will be on this board tearing sh*t up like ^. Anyways the best to you.

raptorWagon

Do what you want to do, sure I miss my vr4 even if it was a rust bucket, but I'll get another some day. Though do your research before you jump totally into a RWD project. I've got one going currently into a 2nd gen Galant and that alone requires a fair amount of custom work for certain drivetrain components. All part of updating a 35yr old car with newer technology.

Last edited by a moderator:

OoThomioO

PPGearbox.com.au makes awd ->rwd conversion piece /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Their website is currently fubar otherwise I'd link.

Diego

Do it, an I'll kick you in the shins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

a2vr4

If you want rwd, go rwd! I am a big fan of starion/conquest 4g builds, as well bmw 4g builds. I have also thought it would be fun to build a number of other rwd 4g builds, e.g. non vr4 galant, diamante 3g eclipse... the options are only limited by your budget, creativity, and skill. At the end of the day, cars are an expression of yourself, so do how you like eh?! Really, one can always buy another vr4, if the pangs of sorrow are too much to bare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif My .02
~Brian A. Moreno

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned