The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Had some fun with the car today.

ApexHunter

Quoting jogalant:
The tire experts can chime in here to correct me or expound but it might be detrimental to the 4wd system if you run the same size tires on a staggered setup. The difference in circumference b/w front and rear might be too large. You might have to run a slightly wider tire with a lower profile on the rear to closely match the fronts. But since yours is only an inch difference it might not matter. In my case I had to have two different tire sizes because my rears were wider by 1.5 inches. This was on my Celica, not the Galant.

Been wondering about this also. Seeing the variety of tire pressures people run in that recent tire inflation thread put my mind at ease a bit. I'm sure it could be detrimental to the VCU once the difference between front and rear overall diameters becomes too large. I am hoping that Mitsubishi made the VCU flexible enough for slight variances.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned