GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » General VR4 Discussions » Re: my vr-4. The pikes peak one. story and build
Previous thread Next thread

Re: my vr-4. The pikes peak one. story and build

Ben

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1039031 posted 12/09/11 09:53 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Got most of my gaskets and fluids in this week. I plan to have the bottom end on the engine stand tonight and maybe a completed long block tomorrow night. I had my ccenter diff welded today and ordered a VCE from shep.

Posts: 199 | From: Lubbock, Tx | Member Since: 01/14/09 | IP: (75.111.51.65) | Report this post to a Moderator

zberto
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1039179 posted 12/10/11 05:10 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quoting Ben:

I put the manifold and turbo on. And found out why people clock the compressor housing in a different direction. haha.
I'm thinking about builing a tubular front end. Get rid of the lower core supper and front cross member and fab something to go in it's place to mount the IC, radiator, front motor mount and front bumper.

We'll see. In the mean time, I need to build my fuel cell mounts.

I wish I could find some pics of Wes Hess's red race car. I didn't think of taking pics of his tubular nose when my buddy had that car. I never thought I'd need to build something like that.

I wish I had the time/ability to do what that white one is doing!!! That's awesome!!

If you are still interested I have pics of Wess Hess' 1g, badass car. I can email them to you if you want. I would just post them up but they are large files bigger than the uploader allows, and this site keeps giving me errors and Linux code bs anyway so that would take forever.

Cool car you have there. I have ecmtuning v3 lite speed density and it was one of the best mods I have done. For the money, nothing else comes close. All other management systems that have the same capabilities are exponentially more money, not to mention more complex.

| | | IP: (70.162.164.213) | Report this post to a Moderator

Ben

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1039204 posted 12/10/11 07:28 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I was able to fit everything in the nose wihtout having to do any major modifications. I have a new radiator though that I can't wait to get it mounted with some pics!!

Posts: 199 | From: Lubbock, Tx | Member Since: 01/14/09 | IP: (75.111.51.65) | Report this post to a Moderator

Ben

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1039326 posted 12/11/11 02:31 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      

DR1665
Kill him in the face with Wilson Phillips

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1039399 posted 12/11/11 09:47 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Looking good, Ben. Love the color scheme for the new engine.

Make sure to let us know what you think about the welded diff. It's never far from my mind...

Brian | 98 Pajero | Gearbox Magazine

Posts: 4631 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Member Since: 10/19/05 | IP: (68.2.216.123) | Report this post to a Moderator

Ben

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1039617 posted 12/12/11 08:13 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I actually planned none of that. I had the red valve cover from the last engine and I just painted a few things on the front of the engine black when I put it together the first time. I had no idea what color the block was going to be and it just happen to be pretty close.
I can't wait to launch this thing with the welded diff, but I have nothing to compare to. The last engine only let me have 300 miles of fun and I never launched it. Also I dont think I'll be putting e85 in it for a while.

Ben

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1039726 posted 12/13/11 09:01 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      

Ben

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1040648 posted 12/17/11 06:48 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I need to get on here and list my changes and plans.

Ben

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1040657 posted 12/17/11 08:28 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I now have a welded center diff and waiting on my VCE from shep. Will be here Tuesday.
I have a new bottom end and an assembled head from Class One. I talked to Terry at Class One and told him my goals and what I'm going to do with the car. He worked his magic, sent me a bill and here it is. He said this setup should will work for me unless I decide I'm going to shoot for 1000-1100 HP and I'm far from it.
I never ran that GM maf. Just straight to speed density with the sensors that ecmtuning sells.
Ford racing 1600cc injectors.

I need to get an ignition amplifier.
I need to get some suspension other than stock eclipse suspension.
I have to mount my new radiator and get a SPAL pusher mounted and wired in.

I want to have 3 tunes when I get this thing tuned. I want a 90 oct tune, an e85 tune around 600 whp, then one that goes all out and back off a notch. I will run around on the 600 hp tune after a little break in period.
I have a little goal in my head to make a 10 sec pass on 90 oct. I think I'm there with these QTP and a good launch.

DR1665
Kill him in the face with Wilson Phillips

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1040972 posted 12/19/11 03:00 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Crazy. I've been thinking I'm pretty close to getting my tractor back on (or off) the road again for a few weeks, but looking at your pictures, I realize I still need to do the oil cooler lines and find a replacement timing belt cover at a minimum. I also need to replace the cams and re-work the wire harness.

It's amazing how far away we really are once it starts feeling like we're getting close, ya know?

Brian | 98 Pajero | Gearbox Magazine

Posts: 4631 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Member Since: 10/19/05 | IP: (204.17.31.126) | Report this post to a Moderator

Ben

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1045659 posted 01/15/12 12:46 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
She breathes fire once again!! I need to take some pics and maybe a littlr video. just open o2 in my shop right now and no coolant in it yet. Just wanted to hear it last nigh. Now to get the radiator mounted and get some coolant in there. set base timing, put the down pipe on and see what happens!! I have a megan raging catback for a 1g gsx, but I'm waiting for a set of exhaust hangers to arrive. I can't wait!! I'm going to add another resonater in the exaust. I like a deep smooth sound that turns to a wild scream at WOT!!!(wastegate dump )

welded diff+power rack with the lines removed=fun parking I'm sure.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 22077

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.056 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page