The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My Valve cover :)

onesickcrx

I finshed up my valve cover a week or two ago. I must say I am happy with the out come looking forward to testing it out...

I call it the mini baffle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Looks pretty nice. I've gotten away with welding aluminum tabs to the underside which hold the stock steel baffle up. Did you cut that all out by hand? Any reason why you didn't put any of the holes in it or the rest of the baffle?

JNR

Curious what the benefit to chopping off 50% of the baffle? If it's to clean in between, steam works awfully well with it intact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Otherwise, would perforating (series of holes) be an option for somebody? Not for me (I cleaned mine already), just thinking out loud...

TylerAdamson

Quoting JNR:
Curious what the benefit to chopping off 50% of the baffle? If it's to clean in between, steam works awfully well with it intact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Otherwise, would perforating (series of holes) be an option for somebody? Not for me (I cleaned mine already), just thinking out loud...

Steam might work well, but if the valve cover was sandblasted and the powder coated then there will be residue in there that you just wont get out without removing it. If you don't get the valve cover thoroughly cleaned of all blasting/coating media then it can possibly contaminate your oil and ruin your motor. It's fairly common to completely remove all baffles and not replace them when adding extra crank case vents.

onesickcrx

Well the stock baffle has holes where the cams are and I made this just a little shorter then that. Exactly what is said here I wanted to make sure I could clean behind the baffle. Even more so with the metal shaving from drilling the whole for my bungs. I know of a lot of people that run no baffle when they have big breathers -8an and bigger seem to collect very little oil on a tight motor. I happen to have -10an lines and fittings into a JMF big breather box, so I felt compelled to just give myself a little more reassurance that I wouldn't have a ton of oil in my breather tank

mitsuturbo

Set up your tank to drain back to the block and you wont have to worry about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned