The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JMF gvr4 specific catch can

jnava

Staff member
I know there is an old thread, did anyone else buy one recently? I just emailed them to see if they are still able to make them. If you have any other info, please let me know.

jnava

Staff member
First, has anyone since the original post has purchased one of these. It's not on their website and I have messaged them but I wanted to see if anyone since then has bought one from them.

onesickcrx

I think your referring to this catch can?

You have to loose your cruise control box and cables to fit it as well as remove or relocate your washer fluid tank other then that bolts right up.

jnava

Staff member
So, I would just have to go to non cruise control and no washer fluid....sounds good. lol

SleepinGVR4

Quoting onesickcrx:
I think your referring to this catch can?

You have to loose your cruise control box and cables to fit it as well as remove or relocate your washer fluid tank other then that bolts right up.

I actually wasn't talking about your car. But buddy has the exact same one.

jnava

Staff member
I spoke to the guys at JMF, he definitely remembers the particular version but he no longer has the dimensions due to the move in which they probably trashed it. He did mention they would build to specs if someone had it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

onesickcrx

I didn't have a pic of just the catch can at work or I would have just put that up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Theres more then one so someone hopefully can measure it for you

jnava

Staff member
Who purchased yours? The guy I spoke to said he wouldn't be able to build the mounting, but if I could get him the measurements.....might work out.

onesickcrx

The kid that bought all my stuff sold it all including his car so at this point I'm not sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jnava

Staff member
Oh well, worth the try. Probably something generic unless Evozero wants to build me something..............

jnava

Staff member
I just got these examples from tedspec, require a short intake and battery relocation...

BoostedAWD91

yes i had first one custom built by them for the vr4 to fit in the corner where the washer fluid tank usually is. I don't have a picture of it the moment. I can take some close up pictures when i get home. I can also get some specs if you need it for them to build you one

Last edited:

onesickcrx

Nice there you go someone can measure it out and send them a pic GL

jnava

Staff member
If you could, that would be great. Thanks guys, i appreciate it.

TylerAdamson

I had mine custom made. It mounts in similar fashion to the PS strut mount, but more forward of the JMFab one posted. It mounts using the rear most fuse box mount and a vertical hold on the strut tower above the brake line.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned