The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JMF GVR4 Catch Can

BoostedAWD91

i spent the day at JMF yesterday having a custom built catch can for my Galant VR4. I wasnt going to post this, but since jim said he would put this in production for the vr4 guys i decided to show it to help build the market for vr4 specific products. This is designed to fit in the passenger side corner of the car. U will have to sacrifice your windshield washer tank to use this, but in the future i might have a add on built to the catch can to keep the use of the windshield tank with a much smaller version. This will now be available through JMF. Special thanks to Brent for building this for me, Excellent job!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

gtluke

brentihoffinstein! :d

Polish

They do good work.

Did he put any baffles/mesh inside or is it just a hollow box?

ApexHunter

Wow that's a nice piece. What kind of ST brace do you have? I assume it clears it but it's hard to tell from the pics. What are you going to plumb the drain into?

onesickcrx

Awesome peace! Will it fit with cruise control? It doesn't look like it will. I was looking into a catch can so this is good info to know. and any idea at what he will be charging for it?

BoostedAWD91

Quoting ApexHunter:
Wow that's a nice piece. What kind of ST brace do you have? I assume it clears it but it's hard to tell from the pics. What are you going to plumb the drain into?

im not gonna plumb the drain into anything, just drain it into a bottle when it needs it. Im not sure if it will clear with cruise control in since i dont have it in the car. You will have to talk to jim about pricing. Not sure what he is going to charge for it

boostx

Thats a real nice.

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
Quoting ApexHunter:
Not sure what he is going to charge for it

what did u pay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

that looks sweet. i would be intrested in this with the windshield washer fluid attachment

Arent those filters mounted to high?? It looks like those filters are mounted to high to close the hood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Maybe it's just the angle of the pics...

BoostedAWD91

Quoting ApexHunter:

It will clear the strut tower bar, but i removed it to make it easier for them to build

BoostedAWD91

Quoting Mr_Wolfy:
Arent those filters mounted to high?? It looks like those filters are mounted to high to close the hood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Maybe it's just the angle of the pics...

No the filters have plenty of room to clear the hood

Polish

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
yes there is a baffle inside

Good deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

cOmpressor

Looks really nice but that thing is what we here in California call a cop/smog nazi magnet. I have a more low key version that works the same but I am glad to see more GVR-4 specific parts on the market.

BoostedAWD91

mine is 10an but u can get whatever size u want and most likely can get without an fittings

onesickcrx

-10an would be my choice as well once again nice peace /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EMX5636

For the washer pump setup, just run a 1G DSM up by where the battery was. There is already a cutout for it. IIRC their was a headlight sprayer option on the Euro ones that used this hole. I can get pics if that was confusing.

Justin

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts