The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JMF GVR4 Catch Can

BoostedAWD91

yeah i know what ur talking about, i was talking about something different. I was discussing it with Brent at JMF and came up with the idea of building a small canister that would fit behind the catch can that could use for the washer tank. It wouldnt hold much solution but for how much i need it, that would be plenty.

turbowop

That looks nice. I'm not sure it would clear my upper ic pipe though. Or my ST bar. How far out does it extend from the strut tower towards the middle of the engine bay in inches?

BoostedAWD91

wop, i would have to measure to see how far it comes out, but when we were designing it that was considered. Im going to be changing to a SMIC and the piping is going to extend furthur than it does now so that is why its designed at a angle like that so there is enough room to clear the intercooler piping

Brianawd

Oh great not I have to buy more parts. When will it ever end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chrisb33

not to burst your bubble, i mean the craftmanship is superp and the vendor has a high reputation but i think the breather can cause boost leak. correct me if im wrong though.

thats why i made my own costom dual catch can.

chris b

Brianawd

Quote:
breather can cause boost leaks

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

cOmpressor

^^ Ya seriously

Just like a loose oil dipstick can cause a boost leak too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

4Grim

That is a very nice catch can and would definitely like to see a washer tank feature with it.

Flip4G63

damn thats where i have my JMF battery tray. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

onesickcrx

The price on this peace is going to be $199.99 It is a special order part as of now. So call them up if you want one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

yea as stated above $199. i dont know if jmf is gonna add this to the site or even put the pictures up in the project section of work they have done.

Boostin21

always thought catch cans were to be routed into the intake... doesnt it needs a vaccum source?

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

Their is two lines from the valve cover to the catch can. It doesnt need a vaccum hookup.
this is hows its going to be setup

cOmpressor

I think you need to fix that typo, the price says $199. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts